Clutch Slave Cylinder - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Clutch Slave Cylinder

I Am Going To Do A Clutch Job On My O5, And Have Heard That The Slave Cyln. Is The Same As Camaro- Firebird Of The Same Year. As I Am Having A Mc Leod Clutch, Pressureplate And Throwout Bearing I Have Been Told To Do The Slave Cylinder While Transmission Is Out As A Preventive Measure. Any Input Is Appreaciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
For sure do the slave or you'll be doing it before the next clutch. It is the same and as a matter of fact even the different brands are pretty much the same. You can get a Fbod slave for under $70 AND swap the fitting over in 5 minutes. BTW they didn't make '05 Fbods. Use a 2001-2002 model year when you go looking like in the link I gave you.

2004 Blk/Rd M6
6.3 litre LS1

Built and tuned by svede
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 05:07 AM Thread Starter

Thanks For Info,btw, I Don't Know Why I Thought There Was An 05 F, Brain Lock, I Guess

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

clutch job

Quote:
Originally Posted by svede1212 View Post
For sure do the slave or you'll be doing it before the next clutch. It is the same and as a matter of fact even the different brands are pretty much the same. You can get a Fbod slave for under $70 AND swap the fitting over in 5 minutes. BTW they didn't make '05 Fbods. Use a 2001-2002 model year when you go looking like in the link I gave you.
AS PER YOUR INFO, GOT MCLEOD TWIN DISC CLUTCH, PRESSURE PLATE, SLAVE CYLINDER, RESURFACED FLYWHEEL, AND BLED MASTER CYLINDER, AND THIS FEELS BETTER THAN GOOD! I LOVE MY 05 GOAT !
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Rather pricey clutch. I don't see anywhere svede1212 even remotely suggested that you buy that, or any other clutch, for that matter. In what manner do you use your car? Daily driver? Occasional trip to the drag strip? I'm just trying to see the rationale for such a pricey clutch with so few other mods done to the car. (Depending on which description of your car you want us to believe)

2005 Pontaic GTO - CGM 6 Speed (My car)
2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT (My daily driver)
2010 Mercedes Benz C300 Sedan (Wife's car)
2014 Kia Rio LX (Wife's daily driver)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

My Moda Are Koni Strut Cartridges Front, Koni Rear Shocks, Driveshaft Shop 2 Piece Replacement, Mccleod Twin Disc Clutch, Slp U Drive Pulley, Hp Tuners Tune, Gmm Ripshift, K+n Cai. Yeah, The Clutch Was Too Pricey, But In The Future I Plan On Afr 215 Ls2 Heads, The Fast Intake And Stainless Shop Headers, With The Corsa Sport Catless Exhaust. Any Tips You Could Give On Camshaft Size Would Be Appreaciated. As This Is Basically A Weekend Driver, I Figgured Why Not Spend The Extra Buck's .
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP11 View Post
Rather pricey clutch. I don't see anywhere svede1212 even remotely suggested that you buy that, or any other clutch, for that matter. In what manner do you use your car? Daily driver? Occasional trip to the drag strip? I'm just trying to see the rationale for such a pricey clutch with so few other mods done to the car. (Depending on which description of your car you want us to believe)
I'm considering which clutch to buy right now.

I'm currently at an estimated 425+rwhp,but am planning on FI in the future with an end goal of over 600rwhp so I want to do it 1 time and 1 time only so a twin disc may be what I decide on.........if I can afford one.

Performance:230/232 .614 .602 114 cam,Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted mids,Spintech,CSP ported intake/tb,UDP,tune by CSP.

Suspension:Pedders big bore shocks,GSR II struts,Lovells RR bushings,Kings 0 drop rears/20mm drop fronts.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

The Mcleod Rst Twin Disc Is A Good Clutch, But If I Had To Do It Again, I'd Go With The Monster Or Spec Clutches, As You Can Get These As Acomplete Kit, Clutch Pressure Plate Slave Cylinder Ect. As They Say Hindsight Is 20-20, I Went With A Friend's Reccomendation Instead Of Doing A Lot Of Research On My Own. You Can Get One Of The Above Kits For Less Than I Paid For The Mcleod Clutch Only.i Would Appreaciate Your Input On Cam's For 05- M6 So I Have An Idea Where To Start.i Am Looking To Stay Under 500 Bhp For Overall Drivability. Hope This Help's. Bill
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTOSLIM50 View Post
The Mcleod Rst Twin Disc Is A Good Clutch, But If I Had To Do It Again, I'd Go With The Monster Or Spec Clutches, As You Can Get These As Acomplete Kit, Clutch Pressure Plate Slave Cylinder Ect. As They Say Hindsight Is 20-20, I Went With A Friend's Reccomendation Instead Of Doing A Lot Of Research On My Own. You Can Get One Of The Above Kits For Less Than I Paid For The Mcleod Clutch Only.i Would Appreaciate Your Input On Cam's For 05- M6 So I Have An Idea Where To Start.i Am Looking To Stay Under 500 Bhp For Overall Drivability. Hope This Help's. Bill
I'm just worried about the driveability with a Monster clutch.I've heard different things so I really don't know what to think because some say it is a bear to drive while others claim they have no isues.If I do buy a Monster it will be a level 4 for future power goals.

My cam is a 230/232 .614 .602 114 LSA and it drives like stock just more power and I have no issues whatsoever in stop and go traffic.I think the tune has a lot to do with how the car drives with a cam.

Performance:230/232 .614 .602 114 cam,Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted mids,Spintech,CSP ported intake/tb,UDP,tune by CSP.

Suspension:Pedders big bore shocks,GSR II struts,Lovells RR bushings,Kings 0 drop rears/20mm drop fronts.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

Thanks For The Cam Numbers. As Spec Clutches Are Here In Bham, I Called The Sales Rep. Yesterday, And They Seem To Be A Pretty Knowledgable Co. I Have Not Seen Any Thing About Clutch Jobs Too Much On This Forum. As I Am New To This Site, And The Gto In General I'd Keep Asking. To Sidetrack, What's Your Opinion Of The Pedder's Product's? They Have A Pretty Good Name As Far As I Can Tell. Any Info Appreaciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Drive train, suspension, alignment and brakes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in