GTO MN12 vs F-Body Tick Stage 2 T56 Can & Should I swap? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GTO MN12 vs F-Body Tick Stage 2 T56 Can & Should I swap?

Ok here is the situation and why I am asking to avoid any possible questions.
I am in the middle of swapping an LS into my FRS, I had a Corvette that on Dec. 4th got hit in a hit and run and totaled. Because of this I bought another vehicle settling on a GTO because the LS2 in it would be a better choice over the Modified LS1 that was going in the FRS.
The Vette had a brand New 408 Stroker in it and I have a Tick Stage 2 F-Body T56 sitting here for the FRS. I now also have the LS2 and GTO T56 (MN12). I know the gear ratio's are different but I was concerned with the GTO MN12 handling the 408 Stroker when I have a Tick Stage 2 sitting here but I have read they are different. This brings me to my main questions.

1) How much will the MN12 hold power/torque?

2) Should I go through the effort, losing the gear ratios for the GTO but gaining them for the FRS to put the Tick Stage 2 in the GTO?

3) Just what exactly (pictures would be nice) has to be swapped?

4) Also how badly does this switch negatively effect the GTO's gearing and speedo?

I have been searching and I get mixed reports, it does seem the GTO Trans can be swapped in F-Bodies with a GTO Starter or an F-Body Housing. What I am not clear on is the shifter mounting if you can just swap the F-Body one. However I am not finding a lot about putting an F-Body Trans into a GTO beause most consider the GTO trans to be a better one and are not in the position I am.

So while I am sure I have not found everything or the right search combination I have been looking and would just like to get some additional help figuring this out so I can make it happen.

Thanks

Denny Crane /Rotary = Fail\ Capsule ER
05 GTO 408 Stroker \ 13 FRS LSx Swap (IP) / 02 Camaro SS 6.0L Chey's \ 14 F-150 5.0L / 96 MX6 M-Edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Drive train, suspension, alignment and brakes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in