User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mike White @DMS - Street II Suspension

FINALLY!

Had a meeting with [email protected] just now. I have an appointment next week to have a slightly modified version of the Pedders "Street II" suspension package installed along with the (Labor only-->)GMM Rip-Shifter. This includes f&r Hotchkins Sways, Struts/Springs/Shocks and most of the bushings with a 1/2" front, 3/8" rear drop. Mike said they could do it in one day (most likely).

Money? That's the painful part(~$3600)

Anyone else have the Street II installed?

Spice Red 06
11/05 build
VolantCAI
IXiridium Plugs, 10.4 Taylor
GMM
Pedders StreetII+ (1/2" drop)
Hotchkins Swaybars
Full AMSOIL & RP
JBA Shorties/Cats
MagnaFlow w/Xpipe

soon: DBA 4k XS Rotors, RedStuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha joker
wow still beating the pavement here huh..i have the street 2..any work done gets done by the shop im running now which is AZPSwest
Hey Joker! I looked up AZPSwest (in Arizona). Where is your shop? Unless you drive to AZ every week...

Spice Red 06
11/05 build
VolantCAI
GMM
Hotchkins Swaybars
Full AMSOIL & RP
JBA Shorties/Cats
MagnaFlow w/Xpipe

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 08:28 PM

That sounds a bit high for me? Isn't that kit like $1200 bucks from pedders?Bushings $150.00,shifter$300 $1650-1800Parts. Any good Mechanic schould be able too do this in one day!Plus they'll most likely work on it with two guys.He must be charging u $220 per hour!!!! ouch.......I got a quote from West Coast Viper for F/R springs, F/R hotchkins sway bars, schocks, and bushings, labor for install $950.00 Parts were ruffly $1000.00..........Oh yea that included an alignment!!!!!

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTNGKILLA
That sounds a bit high for me? Isn't that kit like $1200 bucks from pedders?Bushings $150.00,shifter$300 $1650-1800Parts. Any good Mechanic schould be able too do this in one day!Plus they'll most likely work on it with two guys.He must be charging u $220 per hour!!!! ouch.......I got a quote from West Coast Viper for F/R springs, F/R hotchkins sway bars, schocks, and bushings, labor for install $950.00 Parts were ruffly $1000.00..........Oh yea that included an alignment!!!!!

$1000 for springs/Swaybars/shocks and Bushings? It's hard to believe! Go for it!

Spice Red 06
11/05 build
VolantCAI
GMM
Hotchkins Swaybars
Full AMSOIL & RP
JBA Shorties/Cats
MagnaFlow w/Xpipe

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 08:08 PM

I replied to your post over at the other board but will put one up here too because Mike and I are at odds over my springs having to be replaced (Street II kit, OEM height springs). When I switched out tires from stock 17's to stock 18's every wheel rubbed like a bitch over the smallest bump. Shop that did the install said they either gave me the wrong springs in the first place or their so-called OEM height springs had collapsed. Mike sent the Pedders Plus One inch for the fronts and Plus One.Five for the rears and now the cars sets at OEM height again. Only problem is he won't pay for the labor......a little over $300 which was VERY reasonable IMO. I spent several grand with Mike and this really disappoints me with him. We'll see if he has a change of heart........

JET

2005 - Silver - A4
Maggie
Dynatech LT Headers
Magnaflow
Volant
Pedders Street II
AP Brake System
Memphis Speakers, Amp, (2) 10" Subs
Kenwood Flip Screen w/nav, dvd, etc.
19" Beyern 5 rims
JHP Gauge Pod
Tuning by RevExtreme - Sarasota
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Hey there Jet! Sorry to hear about your trouble's. How's it ride now?

Spice Red 06
11/05 build
VolantCAI
GMM
Hotchkins Swaybars
Full AMSOIL & RP
JBA Shorties/Cats
MagnaFlow w/Xpipe

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertr2000
Hey there Jet! Sorry to hear about your trouble's. How's it ride now?
Rides like it should have in the first place........thanks for asking. I don't want to "dog" Mike about this because I'm confident had his shop done the install he would have supplied the labor and parts........as it should be. IMO they shouldn't be selling Pedders parts to the general public. They should set up an authorized dealer install network so that people arent' screwed over when their parts fail.........

JET

2005 - Silver - A4
Maggie
Dynatech LT Headers
Magnaflow
Volant
Pedders Street II
AP Brake System
19" Beyern 5 rims
JHP Gauge Pod
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha joker
pm me a list of the pedders parts you want and ill get you a price for azps to do it
Thanks but I'm done with Pedders.........forever.

JET

2005 - Silver - A4
Maggie
Dynatech LT Headers
Magnaflow
Volant
Pedders Street II
AP Brake System
19" Beyern 5 rims
JHP Gauge Pod
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 04:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.E.T.
Rides like it should have in the first place........thanks for asking. I don't want to "dog" Mike about this because I'm confident had his shop done the install he would have supplied the labor and parts........as it should be. IMO they shouldn't be selling Pedders parts to the general public. They should set up an authorized dealer install network so that people arent' screwed over when their parts fail.........

JET

Dude I'm really confused... You order Pedders from Mike? and the other shop installed them? Why didn't you just have the other shop buy from Pedders? And then Mike sent you 1" to 1.5" "Higher" springs and NOW it's at stock hieght? Dude! my head is spinning trying to figure out what could have happened?

Spice Red 06
11/05 build
VolantCAI
GMM
Hotchkins Swaybars
Full AMSOIL & RP
JBA Shorties/Cats
MagnaFlow w/Xpipe

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertr2000
Dude I'm really confused... You order Pedders from Mike? and the other shop installed them? Why didn't you just have the other shop buy from Pedders? And then Mike sent you 1" to 1.5" "Higher" springs and NOW it's at stock hieght? Dude! my head is spinning trying to figure out what could have happened?
I bought a complete Street II Pedders package from Mike. I also bought a complete 13" Baer brake system at the same time. Took them to my shop for the install (they don't deal with Pedders, only local suppliers). Everything was installed and things were fine until I switched out my stock 17" rims/tires for stock size 18" rims/tires. All four tires would rub over the slightest bad road, nearly ruined one brand new front tire. Took the car back to the shop and after looking things over they said that it looked like the Pedder springs (supposedly OEM height) had "settled" or even "collapsed". That's why the low stance of the vehicle and tire rubbing issues. Contacted Mike and he offered to send the Pedders Plus One inch springs for the fronts and the Plus One.Five inch for the rears. Had my shop switch the springs out and the car now sits at the correct OEM height.....tires clear fine. When I sent the bad springs back to Mike for a refund I also sent the shop's labor bill for the switch out because I didn't feel like I should be the one to pay for the labor. Bill was $374 which I felt was very reasonable, a dealership would have charged twice that. Anyway, Mike now refuses to pay the labor bill and is even saying that the bad springs arent' bad at all.........if that was true, why the hell would I go through all this trouble? So, I'm absolutely done with Mike, Pete, and Pedders in general. I'm advising all people thinking of this mod to go with other suppliers as these guys do not back up their products.
End of story...........

JET

2005 - Silver - A4
Maggie
Dynatech LT Headers
Magnaflow
Volant
Pedders Street II
AP Brake System
19" Beyern 5 rims
JHP Gauge Pod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Drive train, suspension, alignment and brakes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in