Need help with engine/tranny connections - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Need help with engine/tranny connections

I've put a 2006 GTO drivetrain in my Nova, but I need help hooking up all the wires and hoses. Are there any of you on this site willing and able to help out one of your "cousins" in the auto world?

I have a complete LS2/4L60E dropout package with all the electronics and intake system donated from a wrecked GTO. I need help identifying the pieces below and where they go.

In these first 3 photos, there are 4 connectors that are all part of one big leg of the wiring harness. They lead to a big round rubber thing that I think is a firewall gasket, and so I'm thinking they should be routed inside and probably connected to the computer. However, it's hard to imagine the computer needin 4 separate connectors...

This next connector is on the driver's side near the power steering pump...

And here's a few shots of a weird little guy that I can't tell if it's electrical, fluid, or air related.

The connector above is at the end of about an 18 inch hard plastic line, and it leads back to a funky looking apparatus that's wired into the harness on the passenger side...

This thing is plumbed into a hard line that is connected to the passenger head...

On the back side of the intake, there are a couple of hoses that I can't find a place for, and that I don't know what they do. This first one comes out of the intake on the passenger side, but stretches across to the driver's side. It is threaded on the end...

Last, this one seems like a vacuum connector of some sort, but I don't know where it's supposed to plug in. It's on the passenger side...

Also, if anyone has a lead on a shop manual for less than $200, that would be helpful as well.

thanks!

rquad
1974 Nova / 2006 GTO drivetrain
Build Project: http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...d.php?t=218932
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Drive train, suspension, alignment and brakes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in