Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Need New Rear Spring Suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  dms 
#1 ·
i have an 04 gto and as soon as i got it i noticed the amazing bounce i get when shifting the car. i also get some wheel hop sometimes. now i plan on upgrading the car to making 500HP. can someone recommend a spring for me so that i don't get wheel hop and it doesn't raise the car that much so it doesn't look retarded.

Thanks
Anthony

#4 ·
as far as stock shocks. some dont have the money for the super hi-pro ones, would a higher tier shock from goodyear or whatever be an improvement over stock ?

#6 ·
There are multiple causes for wheel hop. For spring choices you should decide on what height you want. This will also depend on tire clearance concerns as well.

If you are putting down 500hp at the rear, there is not a bushing in the back that can properly control this movement. You need every bushing in the back:
a. sub frame or cross member bushings
2. Diff insert or Harrop cover
3, all 4 LCA bushings.

these are the majority causes of excess wheel hop. If you need help deciding a spring height, lets start off with giving us some info and desires

mike
dms

#7 ·
I was just looking at at the Kollarracing site at all the Springs and pads. they all have a MM rating or measurement for them. What does that mean? for instance, if i got the 37MM springs and a pair of 12MM spring pads. would that bring the rear end of my car back to stock height. i do not want to lower the rear end in any way! Thanks

#8 ·
the challenge or knowledge base is what do you think is a normal height for the rear? I say this because nearly all GTOs had collapsed and damaged rear coils as they left the boat. The back end of the GTO measured 607mm from the lower wheel lip, thru center, to the fender opening when it was in Au. When it arrived, the back end averaged 590 to 594mm in the show rooms. Now they average 575mm to 585mm. So what height do you truely want the back end at?

mike
dms

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.