rear cradle allignment necessary? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rear cradle allignment necessary?

I will be getting Pedder GSR's today but am having second thoughts. I have been told to have a rear cradle allignment done before the four wheel alignment. I don't know anyone who even has a rear cradle allignment tool. Called another Pedder dealer who said that since I am only having the front struts replaced, I don't need to have a rear cradle allignment. Please advise as this is just more trouble to be concerned about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just loosened the the rear assembly and shifted it 1/8" to eliminate a left (rear) tire rub under acceleration. I had mounted the same wheels and tires I had used without problems on my 04 and found problems with the 06 even after a four wheel, computerized alignment. The service manual calls for an alignment fixture to align the mounting holes before inserting the bolts on the rear carriage assembly, but clearly there is still some movement allowed.
I'm running a set of wheels with 1/4" offset to allow more negative camber up front.
My suggestion is to get the four wheel alignment done and then check the center spacing after you know the rear wheels are set at the same camber and toe setting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Drive train, suspension, alignment and brakes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in