Slave Cyclinder? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Slave Cyclinder?

I have a 04 gto 6 speed. Got in it this morning to change the oil and the clutch pedal went straight to the floor and it doesnt want to come out of gear. So i crawled under neath the car and noticed i have fluid comming from inside the bell housing? Im assuming the slave cyclinder took a ****. So whats the best way to tackle this??? Is there a link to a good write up on how to replace these?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 01:36 PM

I just changed the clutch, throw out, slave, input shaft seal and added a remote bleeder, and steel braded clutch line about a month ago. I ordered a throw out and slave for a 2002 F-body. I'll try to give you a quick run down before I head to work.

- Make sure before you remove the driveshaft that you mark it in relation to the pumpkin yoke
- Remove the tranny from the bellhousing, no need to remove the bellhousing unless your doing a clutch change.
- If you decide to do a clutch change still remove the tranny from the bellhousing first before removing the bellhousing it makes it easier.

I recommend doing a remote bleeder while the tranny is out, also a steel braded clutch line if you can.

I can give you some more help and directions later on, someone my post up more info before I do.

The only thing with the F-body slave is that you have to change out the fitting from the GTO slave to the f-body slave. The F-body slave has a QD on it. It is simple as puching out a roll pin and replacing a roll pin. Here is a picture of mine:

Last edited by GM4life; 11-19-2009 at 01:46 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info! I wasnt to sure if i had to take the bellhousing off the back of the engine or if i could just leave it on and just take the tranny off. anyone have any pics, would make things much eaiser. Thanks

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

SO I cant get the driveline off! It seems like there is some sleeve on the rear end side, and i cant compress the driveline enough to clear this sleeve. Any thoughts????
Also does anyone know how many bolts if any r above where the slave cylinder lines go in at? I dont see anymore that hold the tranny on to the bellhouseing...
Thanks
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhit View Post
SO I cant get the driveline off! It seems like there is some sleeve on the rear end side, and i cant compress the driveline enough to clear this sleeve. Any thoughts????
Also does anyone know how many bolts if any r above where the slave cylinder lines go in at? I dont see anymore that hold the tranny on to the bellhouseing...
Thanks
With the driveshaft you just remove the three bolts that hold it to the diff, leave the rubber isolator on the driveshaft. Remove the two carrier berring bolts and work the driveshaft out. Before you remove the tranny make sure you removed you shifter first. I can't remember how many bolts hold the tranny to the bellhousing, maybe about ten about five each side of the tranny. There is two two that is on the top corners of the tranny that you'll need some long extensions to get to them.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 06:17 PM

Correction there is eight bolts. I just got home and checked it out. Sorry if I was too late.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
i remember one time i couldn't get the tranny off. seems i forgot a hidden bolt on the top. there are 8 bolts holding the tranny to the bell housing. don't try to take the bell housing off

2004 Blk/Rd M6
6.3 litre LS1

Built and tuned by svede
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 02:36 AM

Send a message via MSN to vxssls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4life View Post
With the driveshaft you just remove the three bolts that hold it to the diff, leave the rubber isolator on the driveshaft. Remove the two carrier berring bolts and work the driveshaft out. Before you remove the tranny make sure you removed you shifter first. I can't remember how many bolts hold the tranny to the bellhousing, maybe about ten about five each side of the tranny. There is two two that is on the top corners of the tranny that you'll need some long extensions to get to them.
you dont need to take the drive shaft out to take the box out you can just undo it off the box and move the front half to the side

222/224 112
241 ported heads 11:1
comp 918's
OTR
25% UDP
ported TB
4 into 1's 1 5/8,3"cats,twin 3" X force
M6,ripshifter
[email protected],390rwhp

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

well thanks to all. I did get the tranny out, and the new slave cylinder just showed up straight from chevy. Now how do i bleed this thing once i put the new slave on ?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 11:19 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhit View Post
well thanks to all. I did get the tranny out, and the new slave cylinder just showed up straight from chevy. Now how do i bleed this thing once i put the new slave on ?
Yes you will, had the same thing go wrong with mine. Throwout bearing was bad, it was all gummed up and practically fell to pieces when removed from transmission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Drive train, suspension, alignment and brakes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in