post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wheel size and tire size

If I go with:
18x8.5 ET45 245/40-18
18x9.5 ET45 275/35-18
With drag bags and all other suspension stock and I roll the fenders will I have any issues? Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Bags are a crutch for improper fitment as the wheel should be able to travel the full length to have a proper suspension. You may be OK with what you listed but the only way to tell is to put them on and test. The best way is to disconnect the bottom end of the shock and remove the spring (pretty easy to do). You then can articulate the wheel through the entire suspension travel and look for where you touch or are close. Sometimes the fender will need to be rolled in the back or the inner fender liner massaged with a BFH (Big F***** Hammer). That offset is a little low but may be workable. That offset will put your wheel towards the outside about 22mm (~.87"). As many GTOs have one side closer than the other due to build variances what works for one may not work for another.

Inner and outer poly control arm bushings can help too. A static test like I listed above may work fine but under acceleration or hard cornering might not as the stock rubber/void filled control arm bushings may case the arm to flex out of its static position and cause rub. Poly bushings stiffen that up

2004 Blk/Rd M6
6.3 litre LS1

Built and tuned by svede
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the response, so would it be better without the drag bags? I don't have them in right now, I'm sorry all this shit is confusing to me haha, I'm new to this so I'm trying to understand what you mean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Wheels and tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in