05 Herky-jerky Seats - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
05 Herky-jerky Seats

Just Found Out Some Info That Might Be Useful. The Early 05 Goats Had Power Seats That Were Herky Jerky When Moved Forward Or Reverse. If This Is The Case With Your Car, Take It To Your Pontiac Dealer And They Will Install A Plastic Piece Which Will Make It Better. Later 05's Were Corrected At The Factory (these Are Still Somewhat Herky Jerky, But Are Much Better). I Found This Out Because My 05 Seats Seemed A Little Herky Jerky, I Took The Car In To The Dealer, They Checked And Said Mine Had Been Corrected At The Factory With The Plastic Piece And That This Was A Little Known Problem And That Early 05's (WITHOUT THE PLASTIC PIECE)Were Alot Worse. Basically, The Fix, Simply Makes It Much Less Noticeable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoat
Just Found Out Some Info That Might Be Useful. The Early 05 Goats Had Power Seats That Were Herky Jerky When Moved Forward Or Reverse. If This Is The Case With Your Car, Take It To Your Pontiac Dealer And They Will Install A Plastic Piece Which Will Make It Better. Later 05's Were Corrected At The Factory (these Are Still Somewhat Herky Jerky, But Are Much Better). I Found This Out Because My 05 Seats Seemed A Little Herky Jerky, I Took The Car In To The Dealer, They Checked And Said Mine Had Been Corrected At The Factory With The Plastic Piece And That This Was A Little Known Problem And That Early 05's (WITHOUT THE PLASTIC PIECE)Were Alot Worse. Basically, The Fix, Simply Makes It Much Less Noticeable.
Hey, my passenger side seat tracks have been replaced twice and my drivers side tracks have been replaced 3 times!!!! so far. Its so hillarious. When I had my car in this morning for the alignment problem, I told the service tech to go ahead and order my 4th set of rails for the drivers side because it feels like my seat is going over little mini-railroad tracks again when I move it back and forth. As she did last time, this time she just ordered the parts without even looking at the car because she knows what a POS the mechanism is. How stupid is that?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

What a bummer! I wonder if the 06 mechanism is free of this defect, if so it might pay off to have an 06 mechanism installed for the seats. I guess i'll just leave mine alone until they give up the ghost.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 12:54 PM

I haven't noticed it in my 2006, so it was probably fixed since they found it in the 2005....
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 09:04 PM

I'm on my 3rd set too.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 02:02 AM

One set for my 04 and 2 driver and 1 passenger for my wifes 04. According to my service manager the problem continues in 06.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 10:22 AM

Mine have been replaced twice as well. It's one of those "I guess I have to live with it" kind of issues as far as I'm concerned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Interior Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in