Anyone heard of "DIG Options" replacement for OEM Blaupunkt? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to holdenite
Anyone heard of "DIG Options" replacement for OEM Blaupunkt?

I need a replacement for my OEM Blaupunkt and saw these guys on ebay offering what seems to be a great solution for ditching my factory CD changer. DVD/CD/SATNAV/BACK UP CAM with touchscreen and 2 years free maps upgrade for less than $500. Any opinions or info would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 11:55 AM

I am not personally familiar with "DIG Options" but a little checking, out of interest, brought up at least one question. Are the NAV maps for Australia or can you get them for US roads? Most of the forums and reviews are from Australia also. This looks like a nice unit but is it meant for Australian Standards and not compatible with US Standards would be the question?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

USA Compatible

I emailed the company and received a reply that everything is USA Compatible. They will provide USA maps and 2 years of free upgrades. The system uses Garmin maps.

Last edited by holdenite; 07-29-2013 at 09:18 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 05:32 PM

Even though the DIG Options looks like a good unit that will probably fit well in a GTO .... Have you checked any other options that don't need to be shipped from Australia .... like crutchfield (think warranty)? The other thing about the newest technology with Nav Systems is that updates are now being downloaded from satellite/GPS as opposed to getting a new disk (that is probably outdated by the time you get it). Are you planning to upgrade the speakers....that is why the OEM Blaupunkt doesn't sound very good. If you are going to get a good head unit then your going to need it to sound at least decent....thus new speakers. I have Memphis and they sound very good and can handle some power... about mid-range from what is available(but much better than stock)!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

After some research I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to upgrade the speakers and leave the Blaupunkt in the car. Probably will go with the Memphis ones. As far as Satnav goes I'll just get a good one that I can use with other vehicles. Thanks for the advice 68OldGoat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Interior Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in