Electronic "Gremlins?" - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Electronic "Gremlins?"

I was driving to work mmob and I happened to look down on my driver's info center and saw my Trac Off signal was on....I never touched the button! The odd thing is, when I did hit the button, it wouldn't come off...after several attempts, it still wouldn't go away. i pulled it into service but they couldn't duplicate the problem and there was no history of it occuring. Does my GTO have "gremlins" or is this a common occurance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 07:14 PM

I had water temp gauge pegging for about 5 seconds 1 minute from cold startup. Only has happened once. I've heard of all the gauges pegging and then returning to normal from others.

Could be just another gremlin like you said.

I think there was a tsb on upgrading the firmware of the pod to fix it. (04). Don't know if the TC was part of it, but worth a lookie.

Last edited by Badkarma; 02-28-2006 at 07:20 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATGIRL
I was driving to work mmob and I happened to look down on my driver's info center and saw my Trac Off signal was on....I never touched the button! The odd thing is, when I did hit the button, it wouldn't come off...after several attempts, it still wouldn't go away. i pulled it into service but they couldn't duplicate the problem and there was no history of it occuring. Does my GTO have "gremlins" or is this a common occurance?
Had the same problem GOATGIRL. Only happened once, and I thought that I must have hit the button. When I got a chance, I shut the car off and restarted, the Trac Off signal was gone. That was about 2 months ago, and it has never come back on.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 11:39 PM

Yes, I had this happen to me on both my 04's. After the TSB was done, I hadn't had any more problems.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

It hasn't happened again....must have been a one time thing...(darn gremlins!!!!)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 04:40 PM

I was driving home today and the radio just cut off. It was not do to any amp overheating or anything, it just shut off. Funny thing was that the Temptations "Just my Imagination" was on XM at the time. I simply turned it back on (usiing the MODE button on the steering wheel - as identified in new feature found after 18 months thread). Electronic Gremlins be gone

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Interior Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in