GTO leather again... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GTO leather again...

OK, now I'm getting a little nervous here. Everything about my car I love, but the interior leather is definately sub-par. I saw a couple 2004 red/black interior GTO's just like mine on ebay/online car ads and the leather is definately of a different quality (if mine's leather at all) also the stitching on the seats is red whereas mine is grey (anyone else's car like this). I will be taking pictures this afternoon and I'll try and post later...let me know what you think, but there's also some inconsistencies with the stitching...I'm starting to think there was something majorly wrong w/ the interior (I really hope it wasn't a flood case) It just looks/feels different than other cars. Will post pics later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 11:15 PM

Did you ever get a carfax on your car?

Any other signs of interior carpet replacement or headliner replacement?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 12:40 AM

i have a red 2004 GTO and have a black interior. Normal GTO's that are red also have red leather interior. But in my case during some time during 2004 they came out with a "special edition", which dosen't mean **** except that the leather interior is not red, but black with gray stitching throughout. The same goes for the taco display, it's gray and not red. The thing that pisses me off is that the stitching of my M6 gearshift is also gray. ahhhh!!!

What is the actual name of the colour of the car? inferno red? etc.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Forgot to take pics...I'm actually going to do it after this post. But, no it is Torrid red (I believe) w/ black leather, red gauges, red stitching in the shifter boot and hand brake, black stitching everywhere else, and GREY GTO in the backrests. The LCD display looks weird/veiny too as I explained in another post, and the silver enamel stuff on the shifter (auto) has bubbles in the base (crackles when you poke it)!!! WTF I did a carfax, maybe I'm just being paranoid but this is all suspicous. The thing is the engine looked like you could eat off of it..
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

I dunno how to post pics on this site, but those links show what I'm talking about. Look at the bolster on the passenger's side...why is it creased like that? What's up with the shifter? Notice red gauges and grey stitching!!! I'm a little skeptical.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
My black interior has red stitching on the steering wheel, shifter and hand brake. The seats and everything else are all black. My tach is red as it is supposed to be.

My dealer damaged my steering wheel when aligning the car. I had them replace the steering wheel. When I picked the car up the stitching in the steering wheel was white. I had them get me one that is red, they did and all is like it is supposed to be.

Maybe replacement parts have different stitching schemes?

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 06:52 PM

My silver car has an all black interior. I'd like to add some light color to the seats and inserts. Thinking about leather inserts........just gotta find an install shop to do the work.

JET

2005 - Silver - A4
Maggie
Dynatech LT Headers
Magnaflow
Volant
Pedders Street II
AP Brake System
Memphis Speakers, Amp, (2) 10" Subs
Kenwood Flip Screen w/nav, dvd, etc.
19" Beyern 5 rims
JHP Gauge Pod
Tuning by RevExtreme - Sarasota
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonF4$
and the silver enamel stuff on the shifter (auto) has bubbles in the base (crackles when you poke it)!!!
I've had a couple of Holden's with the leather/metal shift combo, and I've not seen that before. Looks like it has been bashed around??
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

I dunno what the deal is, but I treated the leather again and it has gotten some of it's luster back. I think the shifter go wet? If you push against it where it's crinkled/bubbled it makes a little popping sound. I'm going to bring it to the dealer and ask for a new shifter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Interior Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in