Lock issues.... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lock issues....

Hey guys I was wondering if someone had a idea on what the heck is going on with the locks in my 2004 Gto. I hear both sides trying tO lock but neither is moving at all. And you know I have the loud three-five beep letting me know its not locked. Just bought the thing so trying to get this squared away quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firegoat View Post
Hey guys I was wondering if someone had a idea on what the heck is going on with the locks in my 2004 Gto. I hear both sides trying tO lock but neither is moving at all. And you know I have the loud three-five beep letting me know its not locked. Just bought the thing so trying to get this squared away quickly.
The search engine is your friend.

You are describing a BCM failure. If it was just the door actuator one would open the other not. If it is a BCM failure which I think it is I hope you have the codes for the car and an extended warranty. You are looking at 3-500 clams. You'll need a new BCM and with it new codes and your key fobs will need to be programmed to it. Your radio will need to be programmed to it as well. If you don't have the PIN for the radio.... your headache just got worse. Also remove the glovebox to inspect the BCM harness to make sure its not chaffed.

My bet is whatever dealer you purchased it from has no clue. If it was a private sale, you bought his/her defect.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bought it private and I actually know the guy... Called him just now and he said bcm was replaced by the dealer and coded the key fobs are working so I think it's coded correctly. Is there any test to check for sure ? I can manually lock them either ? Is there a sensor I can check ?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Check the BCM Cable behind the glovebox to make sure its not chafing on the cross brace. IF the BCM was just replaced then the cable should be ok. Does your trunk open?

If the BCM is indeed good then the next step to check is the door actuators, to have both fail at one time is odd. A dealer can hook a scanner to it and cipher any codes its throwing. This is a simple 2 minute procedure that any "reputable" dealer would do free of charge. Some have been known to screw people though and charge them.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Interior Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in