User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Passenger door won't lock. Ac won't work, etc

Hey guys. My passenger door won't lock.

The lock is stuck in the "lock" position but it's not locking. I can't move the lock for the passenger door. I can hear the motor working for both doors though.
Any one know the parts I need to replace? Maybe a diagram and/or write up on how the locking mechanism works?

My ac blows only through the top vents.
Any idea?

My traction control button is mixed with the lock button in the middle.
Any idea on that too? LOL

The dealer f'd up everything mentioned above. I don't really have time to take it and this car is my daily driver so I don't want to leave it there again...

Only reason I'm not too pissed is because I got a brand new tranny and driveshaft for 300 bucks lol.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
There is a little plastic surround your lock goes up and down through and may be it's bound up and not letting the lock go up and down properly. Mine does that in the unlock position from time to time, try some kind of lube, very little, to see if that helps. May be an easy fix. If not, best way is to carefully remove the upholstery panel, try it and see what's not working. Might be something is disconnected or broken off.
I know you've probably already checked this on your a/c but there is a dial that opens and closes each of the vents; I ran a week before I figured out why my center vents weren't blowing cold air, LOL.
Don't know what to tell you on the traction control but there are some real knowledgeable guys on this forum that can help you, I'm sure. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Interior Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in