Pioneer AVIC D3 INSTALLED !!!! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pioneer AVIC D3 INSTALLED !!!!

Hello Fellow Goat owners, i just got me D3 installed, let e tell you all that you will not be dissapointed. This is more than wonderfull to have, full nav, i-pod, bluetooth, radio, cds. I am extremly happy with the install, looks sharp with - in the cente counsol. And if anyone out there is wondering about the by-pass, liek to function your nav system while driving or movies, dont do it your self, let the shop do it. I didnt even have to tell them about it, they knew. only took the tech like a min. to do. I will post pictures up later on today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to Devils3023
Cool, the D3 is a great unit for the money. I like how you don't have to flip the screen down to insert a disc and the option to change the button colors as well. I have the Z2 installed in my goat and love it as well!! Post up some pics!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Yea brother, its a sweet device ! lol . Yea what you said about the flat screen not having to flip out, its awesome, and its also good, cause some of the flip-outs in the long run the mechanism stops working. He put some pics up of your set - up. Do you know anything about how to get the traffic thing ? ? ???

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:38 PM

You have to get the GEX-P10XMT, it is the XM radio and Nav Traffic in one box. That will also require to subscribe to XM radio plus the Traffic service. I did, and ejoy it quite well. Check out Pioneer USA - Home for more details. I also have the bluetooth kit for hands free using my Moto Q Black. I was a iPod fan but the kept dying. I have always been die hard Microsoft, so I have a Zune. Custom fitted dock in the cen-console, and modified to put the eye up front to use the remote.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baaadgoat View Post
..... And if anyone out there is wondering about the by-pass, liek to function your nav system while driving or movies, dont do it your self, let the shop do it. I didnt even have to tell them about it, they knew. only took the tech like a min. to do. I will post pictures up later on today.
It is VERY easy to do oneselfe. Just move a wire from the harness and put it somewhere else and you done. avic411.net shows you how. neatest unit for sure!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 07:26 PM

were you able to still retain use of the steering wheel controls?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 01:21 PM

you can keep steering wheel controls with a part from PAC i used one in my car on a pioneer d-3 head

Last edited by dub29; 09-24-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Interior Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in