Sounds like something has broken -- requiring a trip to the dealer to get it fixed right.
However, if you'd like to take a shot at it yourself, getting to them is actually pretty easy:
1. Remove the rubber coin tray liner in front of the shifter. It's below the radio and flip-out storage compartment.
2. While you're down there -- remove the philips head screw.
3. Open the padded console storage compartment door.
4. Lift up on back edge of the console from inside the storage compartment. The plastic will bend a little at first -- but there are something like 4 tension fittings that will eventually release.
5. Remove the T/C wiring and window connectors.
6. Voila -- you'll have access to your console and switches.
NOTE: When putting everything back together, be sure to test the T/C and window switches before snapping everything into place. The connectors are pretty much impossible to screw up -- but it's better to test first.