Put In A In Dash Dvd Player And Boom! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Put In A In Dash Dvd Player And Boom!

OK I HAVE AN 06 GOAT AND I JUST HAD A IN DASH DVD PLAYER PUT IN. IT WORKED AWESOME UNTIL THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON 2 DAYS LATER. BUT THE CAR STILL RAN OK. BUT AS I KEPT DRIVING IT GOT WORSE AND WORSE. SO I HAD IT TOWED TO THE DEALER. THEY SAID THAT THE CAR CAN NOT HANDLE AN AFTER MARKET RADIO AND THAT THE DVD PLAYER MESSED WITH THE COMPUTER SYSTEM. THEY SAID IT WAS MAKING THE CAR DUMP WAY TO MUCH FUEL AND IT CLOGGED THE CAT ON THE PASSENGER SIDE OVER 90%. THEY SHOWED ME HOW THE CAR RAN DIFFERENTLY FROM WHEN IT WAS HOOKED UP AND NOT. SO I KNOW THEY WEREN'T B.S. ING ME. ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 07:28 AM

that is some FUNNY poop right there! i dont care who you are! hahahha
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

?????

y is it so funny. if u think it is then what is the problem.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 01:02 AM

I have seen quite a few GTOs with aftermarket stereo systems. If it is indeed causing problems with the car, I would point to improper installation.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2~N~BLUE View Post
y is it so funny. if u think it is then what is the problem.
that the dealer is blaming it on the radio, should have them check the airfilter too( if you changed yours ) they are going to look for ANY REASON NOT TO WORK ON YOUR CAR! leave with the car go to a local stereo shop or local electrician and have them look at. get it in writing that the radio had nothing to do with anything else, it will help when you threaten to go to court
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
With the On Board Computer controlling most everything of a car these days, it would not surprise me that there is a misreading from the radio being sent to the OBC causing problems. Stereo Codes being relayed has been changed and it could be warning the OBC something is a miss. It may be a simple reset that will cure it. A good rapport with the dealer could make the issue curable by overriding the code.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony k View Post
that the dealer is blaming it on the radio, should have them check the airfilter too( if you changed yours ) they are going to look for ANY REASON NOT TO WORK ON YOUR CAR! leave with the car go to a local stereo shop or local electrician and have them look at. get it in writing that the radio had nothing to do with anything else, it will help when you threaten to go to court
Don't threaten to go to court. Threaten to go to GM. They will probably comply form then on.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

well

well the car is already fixed. my dad (im only 20) went to GM and bitched them out and so they fixed everything 4 free. but they put the stock radio back in and so now i have a 1000 dollar dvd player just sitting there i want 2 put it back in. but i don't want the same problem to occur cause im pretty sure there not going to fix it again. so i think it might of been installed incorrectly but im not sure. i guess i should just take it 2 a stereo shop and see if they can tell how it was installed and if it was correct or not. cause its no longer in there as i said before so it might be hard 2 tell. any help would be great
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 08:04 PM

Whats the DVD for? It's a GTO. Im kinda concentrated on beating all the crap trying to race me, doin 140 on backroads, powersliding around turns. And as for any passengers, they are just holding on and praying.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 11:09 PM

I was thinking about this and I don't see how the radio can affect it unless it's miswired. I can't think of any reason for an aftermarket radio to be connected to the serial data bus in the car. My guess is it's miswired and something is incorrectly wired to the data bus line.

Someone correct me if I am wrong here. I've driven my 04 GTO without the radio installed and nothing bad happened. Since it doesn't care if the radio is missing, there is no reason for an aftermarket radio to cause problems unless it's miswired.

TK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Interior Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in