Seat Belt Height Adjusters - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seat Belt Height Adjusters

These slides on the B-pillars look idiot-simple to work, and yet both of mine appear to be stuck.

Recap: In other threads, I've mentioned how I had the rear parcel shelf replaced under warranty. To get it out, the dealer had to remove nearly all the rear interior trim, including the panels covering the B-pillars. In doing so, they messed up the little plastic buttons that hold the B-pillar trim on, so my service writer ordered replacements. When I went in for them to put in the new buttons, some dingbat banged too hard on the one on the driver's side, cracking the underlying plastic.

I don't know why any of that should matter, but for whatever reason, the seatbelt adjuster slides no longer work. I hold down the button and try to move them up or down, but no-go. Can't figure it out.

Why do I care? Well, another oddity is that now my seatbelt seems to rub the forward edge of the opening as I pull the belt forward to wear it. I can even see a little channel it's dug into the plastic. I don't remember feeling that resistance previously. I'm not particularly tall (6'1"), but I have a notion that there may be one more notch in height on the adjuster, and that if I could just raise it, the rubbing might stop. There's about an inch of plastic still showing on the slide--would that mean it's at the last notch, or might there be one more? I don't know. Frankly, I don't remember how it was before all of this started.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Seriously--not one theory on why these dang slides are stuck, or thoughts on how to un-stick them? Not even a pity post?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Kid
Seriously--not one theory on why these dang slides are stuck, or thoughts on how to un-stick them? Not even a pity post?
You have my pity. The dealership would also have my pity, if it were my GTO they put back together like that.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMVorbeck
You have my pity. The dealership would also have my pity, if it were my GTO they put back together like that.
Ain't that the truth. I so well remember being a kid and hearing my mom complain to my dad, "That stupid dealership! You take your car there for one thing, and they break something else!"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 05:43 PM

Mine are stuck too.

One day when I was particularly aggravated I was able to get the driver side to move. Unfortunately that movement was accompanied by a snap and then it slid as free as could be. (no stops or clicks just free slidin')

It's one of those annoyances I 'let go'. Thanks for reminding me. Since I have an appointmeent for an align and rotate next Monday, maybe I'll have them take a look see. Just don't want them breaking something else like you said.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 04:28 AM

only thing i could say is. Get your hands dirty and pull the trim. Its prob something simple like a cable off track or something. Possibly a jammed up pully. JUST GET OFF YOUR @$$ and do it
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagyro
only thing i could say is. Get your hands dirty and pull the trim. Its prob something simple like a cable off track or something. Possibly a jammed up pully. JUST GET OFF YOUR @$$ and do it
Nice twist on the old Nike slogan

Yeah, I'm tempted to pop that little plastic rivet and just see what's going on under the trim, except that (as I mentioned) the dealer cracked the B-pillar trim the last time they worked on it, and I don't want them thinking I did it. Also, I'm not sure how easily that little button comes off. But then again, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

What bugs me the most is the way the front edge of the seatbelt kinda folds over and grinds on its way out of the opening. I'd swear it used to emerge freely and easily from that slot before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Interior Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in