Speaker Trouble - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Speaker Trouble

My Girlfriends Mom Has Been Complaining That Her Stereo Sounds Like Crap And That Mine Sounds Better(we Both Have The Exact Same 06 Gto's) And So I Checked It Out And The Rear Deck Lid Speakers(the Ones That Are Hooked To The Amp Near The Rear Window) Do Not Dork. I Went To Turn Up The Amp To C If It Would Help And Nothin Happened. So Im Not Sure If Its The Amp Or The Speakers. Is There A Fuse Or Something For The Amp Or Speakers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2~N~BLUE View Post
My Girlfriends Mom Has Been Complaining That Her Stereo Sounds Like Crap And That Mine Sounds Better(we Both Have The Exact Same 06 Gto's) And So I Checked It Out And The Rear Deck Lid Speakers(the Ones That Are Hooked To The Amp Near The Rear Window) Do Not Dork. I Went To Turn Up The Amp To C If It Would Help And Nothin Happened. So Im Not Sure If Its The Amp Or The Speakers. Is There A Fuse Or Something For The Amp Or Speakers?
Check the sub woofer amp that powers the rear deck speakers, it's located in the trunk on the drivers side, There is a volume knob to the front of it that can be reached by pulling the carpeting down a bit, and sliding your arm through from the rear towards the front. You will hear more bass by turning it up all of the way.

Also, on the menu when you start the car, you can turn off the Dynamic Limiter and make it louder.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
There is also a fuse in the amp. You should be able to see the fuse end when you pull back the carpeting and look at the fender brace that the amp is secured to between that and the fender itself.

Carefully pry off the plastic retaining clips so you don't flatten out the ridges that secure it in the holes.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 06:58 PM

I think there is a fuse under your dash for the AMP also.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Interior Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in