Stock Blaupunkt radio code - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Stock Blaupunkt radio code

Okay... I just recently bought a used 2005 GTO that had an aftermarket radio placed in it. It looked like crap due to the install job so we decided to put the factory radio back in. Purchased a radio off of ebay which we were told would have the code which of course we didn't get but we were able to get the VIN# of the car it came out of. Needless to say after 3 weeks of getting all the parts (they had cut the old harness out) took to the dealership today to get the code and... they tell me it is not possible to get the code once it's lost. That you have to send it out to get it reprogrammed? Is this bs or true... I have read posts about having them go to gmdealerworld.com but everyone is saying it's not there. Any advise would be greatly appreciated because I am at wits end!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcox82 View Post
Okay... I just recently bought a used 2005 GTO that had an aftermarket radio placed in it. It looked like crap due to the install job so we decided to put the factory radio back in. Purchased a radio off of ebay which we were told would have the code which of course we didn't get but we were able to get the VIN# of the car it came out of. Needless to say after 3 weeks of getting all the parts (they had cut the old harness out) took to the dealership today to get the code and... they tell me it is not possible to get the code once it's lost. That you have to send it out to get it reprogrammed? Is this bs or true... I have read posts about having them go to gmdealerworld.com but everyone is saying it's not there. Any advise would be greatly appreciated because I am at wits end!!!!
The PIN codes can be gotten if the numbers are lost. You will need to prove you are the owner of the VIN and radio. If the VIN is from another car you are not the owner of you are screwed unless you find a sympathetic dealer who will help you out

IMO the guy on ebay you purchased the radio from fed you a line of BS in order to sell the radio. You don't need to send it out you need the PIN to reset it. I am afraid you are the owner of a useless radio, UNLESS you find the right dealer, good luck with that.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 07:32 PM

Print all of the emails you have on the transaction and talk to the parts manager in the dealership. The parts guys are the only ones that can get to the dealerworld page that need to have the key codes along with radio code. You might still have trouble because you can't prove it was not stolen out of a car but you can try working it out. I have found that the smaller dealers are willing to work with you more than the big city ones. Good Luck.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 11:30 AM

what does it mean by security coded sorry for the noob question i just bought my 05 gto and it wont let me play burned cd ;-(
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 05:52 AM

there is a security code (if it was ever enabled) for your radio so that it won't play should it ever get stolen...the problem comes if someone forgets their code or when they sell and don't pass along the code...something happens and the security gets enabled/activated...you will have a dead radio unless you can get the code...
Bill

**QSM/RH/A4/17**1 of 52**
Like what you've got?...Thank a Vet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Interior Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in