User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TorridRedHeart
what about our dash?

I haven't quite gotten to the point with my car yet that it needs a good cleaning and shining inside but when i do- what do you guys sugest i do with the dash? mine doesn't look like it had had armor-all on it or anything at all just dusted, should i continue to just dust it or should i condition it with some kind of product?
Please post thoughts and ideas-
thanks-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 01:35 PM

dash treatment

I made the mistake of using regular Armor-All right after I got my 04, and the glare off the dash made it hard to see due to the reflection in some conditions. Every since then I just dusted the dash. I recently purchased the Armor All low shine protectant, which I have used on the dash and not had the earlier reflection problem.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 03:24 PM

Armor all looks nice for a while. But over all it collects far more dust. better just to get a swiffer duster of a moist rag.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 03:55 PM

Aerospace 303

I use and swear by Aerospace 303. I used it exclusively on my SSR and now on my Goat. Not to shiny and lasts lots longer than Armor All do to the ingredients. I use it inside and out. You can find it at your local boating shop.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
I use Stoner products. On my dash I will use different things.... Leather cleaner, also more shine less time for interior, and just an interior cleaner. The interior cleaner leaves the mat finish looking new. The more shine gives it a slight shine, but after a few days the shine wears off.

I never use armor all.... I used it years ago on my 4 Runner only to have my dash crack bad, along with the tires. It was then I was advised NOT to use it because at that time, alcohol was an ingredient and it dried out the dash and tires causing cracking but I DO NOT KNOW NOW if they still use alcohol in it but I vowed never to use it again I don't care if it is given to me.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:31 AM

Try some meguiar's quick interior, sutff is awesome and does not leave greasy feel and smells freakin good too.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:36 AM

Once a week with a moist shammy. (spelled wrong, I know) Keeps the dust off with no shine. Who knows what a buncha crazy chemicals soaking into my rubber and plastic dash will do after a few years.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 11:00 AM

Just used a microfiber towel sprayed down with distilled water. Will pick up dust like a magnet and not leave any fibers behind.

The problem with using so-called "protectants" is that they evoporate fairly quickly. The vapors go into your interior -- and dry on your windows. You end up breathing that crap, too.

The best way to keep your car's interior great is prevention -- by keeping it out of the direct rays of the sun. Keep your car in the garage at home -- and keep it covered or in a garage during work if it's your daily driver.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_betterperson View Post
Just used a microfiber towel sprayed down with distilled water. Will pick up dust like a magnet and not leave any fibers behind.

The problem with using so-called "protectants" is that they evoporate fairly quickly. The vapors go into your interior -- and dry on your windows. You end up breathing that crap, too.

The best way to keep your car's interior great is prevention -- by keeping it out of the direct rays of the sun. Keep your car in the garage at home -- and keep it covered or in a garage during work if it's your daily driver.
Sage and Sound advice
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 12:09 AM

hmmm...well I just used armor all on my dash today with some black magic leather cleaner on the seats and other leather. It looks very good but now I'm wondering if armor all is the best thing to do...the leather cleaner is top grade though...gotta protect the leather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Interior Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in