What works for me/Stereo - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What works for me/Stereo

To each his own when it comes to what sounds good is my saying. Although my GTO stereo will never sound great this is what I have done in the week I have had my car. DDL off, Loc on, treble on 5, bass on 3, and amp in truck just a notch from the most negative end. With the amp turned down I eliminate the rumble, which is really not true bass. This to me is the best I can get. Funny thing. I have had everything from BMW M3's to Mazda RX8's, in the past several years and here is what I have found. When you are buying a car and you find that a car has a Blaupunkt, Harman Kardon, or Bose to name a few, run the other way. There is a good chance that it will sound like crap. I have experienced this with BMW (Harmon Kardon), RX8 (Bose) and GTO (Blaupunkt). I just rented a Grand Prix for a vacation trip and stereo sounded great. It was factory and none of the brands mentioned. That is my two cents. My Sirius satellite makes it sound a bit better on a side note.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiga87
To each his own when it comes to what sounds good is my saying. Although my GTO stereo will never sound great this is what I have done in the week I have had my car. DDL off, Loc on, treble on 5, bass on 3, and amp in truck just a notch from the most negative end. With the amp turned down I eliminate the rumble, which is really not true bass. This to me is the best I can get. Funny thing. I have had everything from BMW M3's to Mazda RX8's, in the past several years and here is what I have found. When you are buying a car and you find that a car has a Blaupunkt, Harman Kardon, or Bose to name a few, run the other way. There is a good chance that it will sound like crap. I have experienced this with BMW (Harmon Kardon), RX8 (Bose) and GTO (Blaupunkt). I just rented a Grand Prix for a vacation trip and stereo sounded great. It was factory and none of the brands mentioned. That is my two cents. My Sirius satellite makes it sound a bit better on a side note.
The Bose in the GMC's is excellent.

But I am inclined to agree with you regarding the GTO compared to the Grand Prix. monsoon sound system. The G6 and the Solstice also have excellent sound in them.

I find it very odd that my most expensive Pontiac has the worst sound system.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 06:24 PM

Wife drives a G6 and I can tell you myself the monsoon stereo in that car is better than my Blaupunkt for sure. Speaker config is about the only thing I like better in the goat.

Now you tell me, what kind of piece of s*** stereo won't let you custom EQ it? Six factory presets that all sound like crap is way lame. "Classical" is the one I leave it on only because it's the closest to what I would tune in IF I ONLY COULD. And check this - at least the stereo in the G6 reads the track titles and statiuon info for the display. After much fiddling with my Blaupunkt when I first got the goat, I was in dis-belief that the monsoon had more features.

Don't get me wrong, love my goat, but I hope GM is listening when and if they come out with next gen.

Dealernut is spot on about the Bose in the GMC's though. I drove a brand new Sierra last week while my baby was in the shop and it sounded nice.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

You can custom EQ the stereo, if you can call it that with your own bass and treble settings.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 09:26 PM

Once I have one, with the size of the opening for it, I plan to put a navigation/stereo unit in it. Got spoiled with the laptop tapped into the OnStar on my GTP that I gotta have navigation, lol...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Interior Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in