post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Once in a Lifetime

All GM Nationals weekend to remember

I personally counted some 77 GTO's and I am sure I missed a few. I didn't count the new age GTO's. Someone from CCGTO (A fellow GTO club from Washington DC/ Maryland area) I was told said they counted some 52 or so. The 04-06's were all lined up for some 100+ yards it was a sight to behold. I was the only one again with a car with the complete SAP. All of the classics were drop dead gorgeous it was like being in GTO Heaven. I thought of Randy too on his question about the pin stripe on his as I saw one almost like it up close and with what looked like an identical pin stripe and it looked so sweet.

I was honored as my car was shown in the Pontiac Pavilion with the Firebirds, Trans-Ams, drifting Pontiac race cars, and some classic GTO's. I was thrilled to death to have my car invited over and shown under their tent, where right behind my car where it was parked Jim Wangers and Dave Anderson had their table where they were signing autographs all weekend. Jim signed my car in 2 places, the right fuel rail cover and under the hood as well as one of the Legend Magazines my car was featured in. I got to keep it parked there over night as Security had a table right beside my car. I talked with the chief editor and photographer of the magazine a few times, it was awesome, they got literature of our club and said they will plug SVGTO Tigers in the magazine, they took picture of me, our President, Andy68GTO our treasurer, and Russ, Macgto7004 our secretary under our club banner, we are hoping it makes it in the magazine. Our club sponsored the Tiger and as it sat under the tent, our club name was proudly displayed with it.

I have bokoo pictures of me and Jim Wangers and Dave Anderson, and a few of me with our arms around each other of Linda Vaughn at the drags. She looks nearly as gorgeous as she did "back in the day" and is as friendly,down to earth and personable as can be. I will be blowing the pic up to an 8x10 and I will be seeing her again in a few weeks and she will sign it and it will be matted and framed and placed with Jim, and Dave's once I get them done up too. I got a ton of pictures of the GEETO Tiger at the track as I was down on the track with them at the staging area as the National Anthem was then played, and posed at the starting line with 2 of our club members as they raced against Dave. I got to be in the trailer of the GEETO Tiger "hobnobbing" with Jim, and Dave listening to Jim's stories, talking with Robert Johnson the crew chief and watched as he and Dave were resetting the timing and working on the car between races. I purchased some time ago a 1:18 scale GEETO Tiger; Jim signed the top, Dave signed the rear deck and Linda signed the hood. 3 legends with pics and signatures to go in my GTO Nostalgia display area.

I invited Jim Wangers over to our tent to address our club and chat with us which he was more than eager to do. Both he and Dave posed with our club members who were present for a photo shoot where Jim was presented with one of our Club's T-Shirts with all of our signatures and type of car we drive on the back. He was touched and thrilled. I gave Jim one of our window clingy decals with our club logo on it to place on the GEETO Tiger which he eagerly took. I will try and get pics of the Tiger with our logo on it at the National Convention when I see them again.

Linda Vaughn was and still is a marketing icon for Hurst Shifter. She is Miss Hurst Golden Shifter. linda vaughn - Google Image Search

If it weren't for Jim Wangers there may have never been a "Judge," as he was responsible for it, and if not for Jim we wouldn't be driving GTO's.
1966 Pontiac GTO - Featured Vehicles - Hot Rod Magazine

To top off the day, one of our club members was chosen by Pontiac Enthusiast Magazine as one of 4 finalists for their people's choice award. His 04' YJ took first place and will have a feature done on him and his car in an upcoming issue of the magazine.

Pictures are worth a million words and I will post pictures once I download the some 200 or so pics I got and go through them all.

If anyone gets a chance to meet Jim and Dave you will find you will never meet a friendlier, laid back down to earth couple of guys.

BIG BIG KUDOS and SUPER CONGRATS to Revsitup one of our GTO Forum Members and one of our club members. Brent showed 2 cars, one a gorgeous white 1968 and a stunning 1969 Palisades Green Judge (pic of it in his avatar). His Judge took 1st place in the 68-72 category.

Another fellow 05 GTO owner with a beautiful red GTO took 3rd place.

Out off all the GTO's 3 of our club members are taking home awards!!

PICS IN THE LOUNGE https://www.gtoforum.com/f7/some-pics...tionals-17239/

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

Last edited by GTO JUDGE; 06-23-2008 at 06:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Excellent read, wish I was there!! Looking forward to the pictures.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What a really good turnout of Pontiacs for this show! We really got lucky with the weather also. I got to meet a lot of Pontiac people and had a great time.
Not sure if you knew or not Vic but Pontiac Enthusiast did a photo shoot on my Judge to be used in a future article so I was excited about that. I put a plug in for the club in the papers I had to fill out . Of course I am still waiting for the 68 article to be used
The guy who did the 68 article/shoot is no longer with P/E so when I talked to Jason (The new editor) he said he will check into what might be going on & why it has not been used yet.
Anyways I thought it was a great weekend but it seemed to go by way to fast!
Brent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JUDGE View Post
All GM Nationals weekend to remember

I personally counted some 77 GTO's and I am sure I missed a few. I didn't count the new age GTO's. Someone from CCGTO (A fellow GTO club from Washington DC/ Maryland area) I was told said they counted some 52 or so. The 04-06's were all lined up for some 100+ yards it was a sight to behold. I was the only one again with a car with the complete SAP. All of the classics were drop dead gorgeous it was like being in GTO Heaven. I thought of Randy too on his question about the pin stripe on his as I saw one almost like it up close and with what looked like an identical pin stripe and it looked so sweet.

I was honored as my car was shown in the Pontiac Pavilion with the Firebirds, Trans-Ams, drifting Pontiac race cars, and some classic GTO's. I was thrilled to death to have my car invited over and shown under their tent, where right behind my car where it was parked Jim Wangers and Dave Anderson had their table where they were signing autographs all weekend. Jim signed my car in 2 places, the right fuel rail cover and under the hood as well as one of the Legend Magazines my car was featured in. I got to keep it parked there over night as Security had a table right beside my car. I talked with the chief editor and photographer of the magazine a few times, it was awesome, they got literature of our club and said they will plug SVGTO Tigers in the magazine, they took picture of me, our President, Andy68GTO our treasurer, and Russ, Macgto7004 our secretary under our club banner, we are hoping it makes it in the magazine. Our club sponsored the Tiger and as it sat under the tent, our club name was proudly displayed with it.

I have bokoo pictures of me and Jim Wangers and Dave Anderson, and a few of me with our arms around each other of Linda Vaughn at the drags. She looks nearly as gorgeous as she did "back in the day" and is as friendly,down to earth and personable as can be. I will be blowing the pic up to an 8x10 and I will be seeing her again in a few weeks and she will sign it and it will be matted and framed and placed with Jim, and Dave's once I get them done up too. I got a ton of pictures of the GEETO Tiger at the track as I was down on the track with them at the staging area as the National Anthem was then played, and posed at the starting line with 2 of our club members as they raced against Dave. I got to be in the trailer of the GEETO Tiger "hobnobbing" with Jim, and Dave listening to Jim's stories, talking with Robert Johnson the crew chief and watched as he and Dave were resetting the timing and working on the car between races. I purchased some time ago a 1:18 scale GEETO Tiger; Jim signed the top, Dave signed the rear deck and Linda signed the hood. 3 legends with pics and signatures to go in my GTO Nostalgia display area.

I invited Jim Wangers over to our tent to address our club and chat with us which he was more than eager to do. Both he and Dave posed with our club members who were present for a photo shoot where Jim was presented with one of our Club's T-Shirts with all of our signatures and type of car we drive on the back. He was touched and thrilled. I gave Jim one of our window clingy decals with our club logo on it to place on the GEETO Tiger which he eagerly took. I will try and get pics of the Tiger with our logo on it at the National Convention when I see them again.

Linda Vaughn was and still is a marketing icon for Hurst Shifter. She is Miss Hurst Golden Shifter. linda vaughn - Google Image Search

If it weren't for Jim Wangers there may have never been a "Judge," as he was responsible for it, and if not for Jim we wouldn't be driving GTO's.
1966 Pontiac GTO - Featured Vehicles - Hot Rod Magazine

To top off the day, one of our club members was chosen by Pontiac Enthusiast Magazine as one of 4 finalists for their people's choice award. His 04' YJ took first place and will have a feature done on him and his car in an upcoming issue of the magazine.

Pictures are worth a million words and I will post pictures once I download the some 200 or so pics I got and go through them all.

If anyone gets a chance to meet Jim and Dave you will find you will never meet a friendlier, laid back down to earth couple of guys.

BIG BIG KUDOS and SUPER CONGRATS to Revsitup one of our GTO Forum Members and one of our club members. Brent showed 2 cars, one a gorgeous white 1968 and a stunning 1969 Palisades Green Judge (pic of it in his avatar). His Judge took 1st place in the 68-72 category.

Another fellow 05 GTO owner with a beautiful red GTO took 3rd place.

Out off all the GTO's 3 of our club members are taking home awards!!

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 09:19 PM
formerly NJGoat

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Glad everything went well. I can't wait to see some pics.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red, sport & premium pkg, Lloyd floor mats, Pontiac trunk liner, mobil 1 plus Z-Max, VG sharkfin antenna, Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 93 octane Volant tune, Solo -Performance axle-back exhaust, Solo X pipe, BP-catchcan
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by revsitup View Post
What a really good turnout of Pontiacs for this show! We really got lucky with the weather also. I got to meet a lot of Pontiac people and had a great time.
Not sure if you knew or not Vic but Pontiac Enthusiast did a photo shoot on my Judge to be used in a future article so I was excited about that. I put a plug in for the club in the papers I had to fill out . Of course I am still waiting for the 68 article to be used
The guy who did the 68 article/shoot is no longer with P/E so when I talked to Jason (The new editor) he said he will check into what might be going on & why it has not been used yet.
Anyways I thought it was a great weekend but it seemed to go by way to fast!
Brent
The weather did hold out which added to the great time. Where did the weekend go???? I was floored at all the GTOs. P.E. was pushing for Firebirds, I didn't count them but it looked like the numbers of GTO's there drowned the Firebirds. We had the best show spot in the whole facility. We nearly doubled last years numbers, look out for next year.

Thats great Brent...your Judge in the photo shoot!!!!!!! Maybe they can add your 68' and feature both at the same time, that would be super sweet.

I was trying to get up on Sunday to get pics of you and the others receiving awards but I may not have made it in time. Hopefully Doug got pics.

I was wondering how you made out with your 04'?

www.gtoaa.org

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 06:09 AM

Real Nice-what a memory you'll have now. Can't wait to see the pics.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 01:01 PM

I 2nd everything that Judge wrote. We had a great time this weekend. Jim Wangers is truely an amazing man. Fascinating to listen to him regail stories of the Glory Days. His depth of knowledge is amazing. All the little tidbits of insider information was great.
Though I didn't take home any awards for any of my rides, I enjoyed spending time talking to fellow enthusiasts about them. Most of my Saturday was spent answering questions about my G8. That car is an absolute magnet. I don't think I could have attracted a bigger swarm if I covered the car with honey and parked it in the middle of a beehive!
I also was able to give my 12 yr old son the joy of a lifetime by letting him drive the G8 around the showgrounds on Sunday! I'm still waiting for the smile on his face to dissapate!
Great showing for Pontiac. Truely a sight to behold!

mac

21st Century Muscle, The Soul of a Legend!

70 Palladium Silver HT 400/AT *SOLD* Elvis has left the building.
2004 YJ M6
2008 IOM G8 GT
Secretary, Newsletter Editor, Webmaster, Susquehanna Valley GTO Tigers
http://svgto.com
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mac,

I saw on the Carlisle forum, we had 78 04-06 GTO's there. I left the 67 at home rode with the CCGTO herd from metro DC area in my 06. CCGTO took a club award and six individual awards including one for a G8.

Bill

67 Post Coupe,
69 RA III Judge
06 BOM, M6, 18's
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 11:02 AM

A few pic's I snapped from the show....

2 of the Judge under the big top... followed by a sampling of our line and the dinner pit stop on the ride home. It was a blast to lead this train thru the rolling hillside's of PA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	judge under the big top1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	3030   Click image for larger version

Name:	judge under the bigtop2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	3031   Click image for larger version

Name:	goat line1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	3032   Click image for larger version

Name:	goat line2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	3033   Click image for larger version

Name:	ccgto dinner pit stop.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	3034  

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Nice pics Red... I tried a couple of times to take pics of the line up but there were so many people around.
I came back up to see ya again, but you left. Was good seeing you again.
Was a great weekend for GTOs and Pontiac.

www.gtoaa.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Northeast > SVGTO Tigers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in