post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Up Coming ASP Parade

Hey Gang….

The Susquehanna Valley GTO Tigers have been invited to participate in the 4th annual American Spirit Parade in Lancaster, PA on Saturday April 26, 2008.

The Parade organizer’s mission is to honor all the veterans, current servicemen, and servicewomen, and first-line responders such as firemen, and women, police, and emergency services personnel who put their lives on the line for each and every one of us every day of the year.

The SVGTO Tigers would like to invite all GTO enthusiasts to join our club that day for fun, camaraderie, and to show off your GTO’s as we honor all those who serve us. You would have to sign a waiver, and application through the Parade Organization that would release them from any liabilities. There is no cost.

I realize this is seven months way, but the organizers of the parade are diligently at work preparing for this event. Our club is registered. I wanted to let people know well in advance of this date so if anyone plans on attending they can mark it on their calendars. I am coordinating this event and as the time nears I will be posting an update. Anyone interested in joining the SVGTO Tigers on this day can PM me and I will add your name and vehicle you plan on participating in to our members list.

You would be an invited guest of the SVGTO Tigers and would abide by any of the clubs requests. For further information you can check out the event at their website: http://www.theamericanspiritparade.org/

Thanks!

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would think if you posted this in February 2008 on ls1gto, a bunch of us CCGTO guys would make the cruise up there for this event. too early right on to even give youa maybe on coming.

67 Post Coupe,
69 RA III Judge
06 BOM, M6, 18's
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
I realize it's early. That's why I said in the initial post to mark it on peoples calendars. I will not be posting anything more about it until closer to the time. People make plans for the spring well in advance, and waiting until about that time to post, I'd have people asking why did you wait so long to post. Again this is nothing more than a heads up. It will give this invitation to others plenty of time to be spread via word of mouth.

The committee that organizes this event is already getting inundated with groups to participate. The only reason I posted this this early is to give anyone who would consider participating, a heads up. I made it clear.

The word about this event is posted on other sites.

www.gtoaa.org

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDU002 View Post
I would think if you posted this in February 2008 on ls1gto, a bunch of us CCGTO guys would make the cruise up there for this event. too early right on to even give youa maybe on coming.
Bill,
I agree fully about CCGTO interest and posting on LS1. I know I'd make the trip.

I also agree with Judge for posting this early on this forum because its viewer and posting volume is much lower than LS1, plus SVGTO's have their own regional sub forum on this site, so it won't get buried like a thread posted in the regional forums would on LS1.

If the guys from SVGTO attend the Bohn show, and want to extend the invitation, I believe it would be a good idea for them to mention this to Pat so he could put it on the CCGTO site and schedule of events in the LS1 sticky for next year.

Red.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I agree Red. I was not in disagreement with the original post, just merely trying to help about posting in Feb '08. Guess I stated it badly.

67 Post Coupe,
69 RA III Judge
06 BOM, M6, 18's
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
I agree Red. I was not in disagreement with the original post, just merely trying to help about posting in Feb '08. Guess I stated it badly.
NO PROBLEM Sandu I didn't take it negative. Lots of activities start taking place and get scheduled in the late winter and spring and people will commit. Getting this out there and giving a heads up before others, people may want to show off their rides in front of hundreds of people. There will be a reminder posted closer to the time.

www.gtoaa.org

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Guess I stated it badly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JUDGE View Post
people may want to show off their rides in front of hundreds of people.
Bill,
No, your post was well understood and I fully agree, sorry if mine sounded like there was something wrong with yours when there wasn't.

Reading Judges post above and thinking about MD Mikes GTO.... that sweet sounding exhaust may scare dogs and small children, but I'll never pass up an opportunity to run behind him for the full effect on the highway.

Red.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bearded Goat View Post
Bill,
No, your post was well understood and I fully agree, sorry if mine sounded like there was something wrong with yours when there wasn't.

Reading Judges post above and thinking about MD Mikes GTO.... that sweet sounding exhaust may scare dogs and small children, but I'll never pass up an opportunity to run behind him for the full effect on the highway.

Red.
The sounds of the exhausts should fit in well with the loudness of Lancaster City.

www.gtoaa.org

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JUDGE View Post
The sounds of the exhausts should fit in well with the loudness of Lancaster City.
LOL, I found a very short video of his car from a show in Jersey. Its camed, blown by maggie and pretty much a Kooks exhaust from the heads to the tips putting down 609 rwhp and 574 rwtq. Honestly its the cleanest all around GTO I've seen so far.

http://www.fquick.com/videos/viewvideo.php?id=3226
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 08:03 AM

Was this a once and done thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Northeast > SVGTO Tigers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in