$40,000 Ferrari Killer... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
$40,000 Ferrari Killer...

Saw this on Yahoo's front page.... Worth a look...

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vi...he=1&fr=cur_fp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 10:36 AM

Pretty nice, I wouldn't mind having one. But, it's still kind of an expensive toy, looks pretty good on the outside but when they opened it up looked like a crate with an LS7 stuffed in it. 40k, hmmm, I'll still take my GTO with its 12k worth of mods.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 05:27 PM

Could I get a cold air intake setup like that. The air filter sits right in front. The hood scoops open could blow a lot of fresh air in there.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 10:52 AM

Yes, you can get the filter. I wrote these folks and they said they'd sell me one, but I haven't gotten back to them:
http://hotrodlane.cc/

If you scroll down, you can see the LS2 with a pic of that filter on there. I don't want to hijack this thread, so if you need more info, pm me.

Now, onto the $40k ferrari killer...that is AWESOME! I suspect that you couldn't get the GT3 driveline for a cheap enough price to keep the whole build under $40k though, when you factor in the price of the car itself and the LS7...that's assuming that you build it yourself! If you have someone else build it, there's zero chance of you squeaking in under a $40k budget. I suspect that you'd be looking at more like $60-80k total...which is still cheap for that kind of performance. You're talking mid to high 10s in the quarter, and a car that most likely handles like it's on rails. It's LIGHTER than the Z06, and has the same engine, so performance will be very impressive. For that kind of money though, I'd probably just go ahead and buy a corvette Z06, because I'm an oddball like that. I'm sure both would be hella fun to drive, but I'm 6'1, so getting in the "ferrari killer" would be too much of a PITA to drive it regularly.

I am glad to see someone finally beginning to come to market with these cool ideas at a reasonable price. We're about to make the horsepower wars of the late 60s and early 70s look like child's play!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 08:27 PM

I think it's great looking but I'm with Baron getting a porsche transaxle I would imagine it would have significant cost. Especially when you start talking about modded LS1's, or LS2's you are talking about a good bit more horsepower than the NA 911 carrera is carrying so I imagine you would have to have a beefed up version of that transaxle (ei. 911TT, GT3).

And when you start getting into that kind of territory that Z06 looks awful good. And it's basically a ferrari killer already, I know that people will dispute that the 430 is faster around a road course but didn't a stock Z06 run the Nurenburg ring in 7.42 ???

Still is a nice looking car and you gotta love having options.

Thanks for sharing
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 09:22 PM

My God, that car is KICK ass! Wow...!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 09:55 PM

For a kit car... and for 40k . No.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickinfights View Post
For a kit car... and for 40k . No.
And for the performance... Yes!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 03:16 AM

Watching how that guy got in and out of that thing (and he wasn't a big guy), that car would be strictly about performance. If that's all you cared about, then what a bargain. But you can't really compare it to any mass produced performance cars like the Z06, or even our GTO's for that matter. Sure, it would kill anything out there under 100K, but I don't think it would be good for anything other than raw performance. If you have 40K+ lying around and you want a LS7 powered rocket sled Ferrari killer, well, here it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in