427R Mustang - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
427R Mustang

I had my wife drive us to work this morning. I went to the Saliva concert last night and was tired as hell and didn't feel like driving. We were behind a mustang that had louvers in the windows and a body kit and loud ass exhaust. I told her to get closer to it so I could see what it was. When we got up behind it I saw a 427 on the silver cap on the back where it normally says GT and STAGE above that. It scared the crap out of me. I thought it had a 427 c.i.d. engine in it.

He got over and let my wife get up beside him then he took off. It had a racing stripe going down the front fender. I didn't say a word, was gonna leave it up to her if she wanted to have a go at him or not, sometimes she does, sometimes she doesn't. Apparently, she wasn't in the mood to play because when he took off she got over in the slow lane and held her speed. Once the stang reallized we didn't want to play he slowed back down and let us get back up behind him. He got off on an exit several miles before ours and it gnawed away at me not knowing if we could've taken it or not.

I get to work and look it up online only to find out that the 427 is just another Rousch kit and the 427 was the HP number, not the c.i.d. It's a 3 valve, 4.6 litre engine with a supercharger sitting on top rated at 427 HP, 391 lbs.-ft trq. I never did hear the supercharger whine when he stabbed it. With my setup at 455 rwhp (545ish at crank with auto 4 speed) I think my wife would've hurt his feelings or at least put up one HELL of a good fight. Hopefully we see that guy again...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 08:00 PM

My car is 80 hp behind yours and 600 lbs lighter. We'd be pretty close with an advantage to you. I ran a Roush P51 Mustang. They are rated at 510hp. Very good race.

I'd eat a 427R for lunch and crap a dozen or so V6 Mustangs later.

You'd do the same.

She would have ruined that guys day for sure. Hope you see him again and get the chance to educate him.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 12:12 AM

My buddy has a 2010 Roush stage 3 427R, It is rated at 435 hp at the crank, It is supercharged, I beat him rather easily at the track, He was on the stock radials and I was on a set of drag radials, Had he been on the drag radials it would have been alot closer, A pulley swap would really wake these cars up. Have you been to the track with your car yet?

05 GTO/A4 Just some bolt ins 1.7461 60' 4.9649 330' 7.1500 594' 7.6440 1/8 mi. @ 91.10 mph.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Detailer View Post
Have you been to the track with your car yet?
No I haven't. Done some top speed runs. Having issues with the governor. I already went back once after the initial tune. It keeps hitting a wall at 163. I had a chance to open it back up after I got it back the 2nd time with another perameter disabled in the tune that was suppose to fix the problem and it is doing the same thing. Either the tuner is missing something or my torque converter isn't locking up or something. I find it very hard to believe that its top speed is identical to where it was 3 years ago with only a K&N cai and Diablosport tune. I have to call the speed shop again today and let them know that the top speed is still electronically limited. I'm gonna ask them if I can do a top speed run on their dyno to prove there is a problem...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 08:11 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Just take them on a 163mph run to show them!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Pretty sure they don't have the balls...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 09:49 AM

I set my speed limiter to 318
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in