50 Fastest Muscle Cars - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
50 Fastest Muscle Cars

Well, since this is a musclecar forum, I figured I'd share some information I got from over at musclecarclub.com.
The newer cars need some serious updating. There are hardly any of the cars on the top 50 fastest cars that I wouldn't love to have...several I would trade my future first born to have. haha

They have a Top 50 musclecar list, then a top 17 modern cars (domestic and under $50k in price), however, it needs some updating to include our cars and several others, then finally they have the top 18 ricers (um, yeah, who cares, right?).

Anyway, it's an interesting thing to look over. I'd be hard pressed to choose ONE from that list, but if I *had* to, I'd probably get the 70 Hemi Cuda or the 69 Camaro ZL1, and it would be a very very hard decision between the two. There were only 69 of the ZL1s made, so it's obviously ultra-rare. Oddly enough, the ZL1 package actually cost more than the car itself in 1969, at a bit over $4100...you could buy a brand spanking-new base V8 camaro back then for about $2950. Yep, over $7000 for that car in 1969, which would be equivalent to about $80-90k today. That Hemi Cuda is so dang good-looking though...

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclec...s-50fast.shtml

What's your favorite?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 10:00 PM

Its a shame that those 50 classic cars dont have pics to go with them on that list. I would take the ZR-1 Vette from the modern list. Amazing how disproportionate the top fastest modern MC's are in GM's favor. Good bang for the buck value.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

This is from another site, but they do have pics of the top 10, and for the most part, they're decent pics. It also gives you some statistics and information about the cars.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/t...739/index.html

You're right though, GM has, for the most part, had a stranglehold on the "bang for the buck" category. Chrysler has had some pretty good deals here and there, so has ford. I just can't bring myself to call the original mustang a musclecar, it just didn't have enough muscle to earn that title. Ford has made various mustangs into musclecars though. The '69 Boss 429 shouldn't be left off of any musclecar list.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron_iv
This is from another site, but they do have pics of the top 10, and for the most part, they're decent pics. It also gives you some statistics and information about the cars.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/t...739/index.html

You're right though, GM has, for the most part, had a stranglehold on the "bang for the buck" category. Chrysler has had some pretty good deals here and there, so has ford. I just can't bring myself to call the original mustang a musclecar, it just didn't have enough muscle to earn that title. Ford has made various mustangs into musclecars though. The '69 Boss 429 shouldn't be left off of any musclecar list.
You know, the funny thing about Mustangs is they were never considered Muscle cars. These were pony cars, and still are in my opinion. The 69 Boss 429 was just a pony with a freakishly large penis.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Haha, well, it's a good thing that the car has a big penis, 'cause the drivers don't. (I don't know from personal experience, but that's what I hear).
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron_iv
Haha, well, it's a good thing that the car has a big penis, 'cause the drivers don't. (I don't know from personal experience, but that's what I hear).
Heh, well at least thats what we tell everybody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in