9/11 Mysteries - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
9/11 Mysteries

Sorry if this has been posted or debated here before. It's an hour and a half video on 9/11 and the WTC. I think it originally aired on PBS, so some of you may have already seen it. It's new to me though, and I thought it was very interesting, fascinating and thought-provoking. I don't buy everything they say, but it does raise some interesting questions and makes you wonder if everything we've been told is true. The conspiracy theorists should have fun with it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...90380102614532

Last edited by kegbelly; 01-27-2007 at 12:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
I've watched so many documentaries on 9-11 that blame the President, and or other high ranking officials for knowing about it beforehand and were involved in a conspiracy it makes me puke.

How anyone can think the President was involved in this for any kind of gain is NUTS. You cannot stop everyone from doing harm to anyone all the time. Our laws made it lax for this to have happened. Bush is hated by so many people they blame him for every damn thing.

Because of 9-11 laws have been enacted, and security has been enhanced yet there are organizations like the the ACLU that is fighting against it so as to let potential harmful people in here to carry this out again.

I really get sick of the Left Wing fanatics blaming our government for knowing all about this a head of time and letting it happen.

I don't believe a conspiracy ever existed or anyone knew those bastards were going to fly those planes into history before it happened.

People are looking for someone to blame. To think our government purposely allowed this to happen and watch so many die to satisfy an agenda is plain crazy.

Our government maybe to blame for our vulnerability due to laws, but not for orchestrating or conspiring to kill us.

Want to blame someone.... Blame organizations like the ACLU for fighting to let illegals in with Open Borders, and fighting our lawmakers on security issues. Maybe they should be accused of conspiring to kill us to push their agendas.

It all turns my guts

I turn it all off.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 01:39 PM

Lol he didn't say he believed it, nor did he slander the government at all. He just said it was interesting and wanted to know what everyone thought.

And while I do agree that people are just looking for someone to blame, the video does present a hell of an arguement if the videos weren't edited in any way.
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA GTO SP View Post
Lol he didn't say he believed it, nor did he slander the government at all. He just said it was interesting and wanted to know what everyone thought.

And while I do agree that people are just looking for someone to blame, the video does present a hell of an arguement if the videos weren't edited in any way.
Thanks. I didn't mean it to sound like I supported it or believed everything they said because I don't. I did find it very interesting though, and there is some factual truth mixed in with their theories, along with some unusual coincidences and unexplaineds. It makes you think, which was the point. I think I was wrong on one point, the guy introducing the video says it'snever been on tv. For some reason I thought I read where it was on PBS.

Now where's my DVD of Mel Gibson's Conspiracy Theory? Ah yes, right next to my copy of Fahrenheit 911.

Last edited by kegbelly; 01-27-2007 at 02:12 PM.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:

I know..... I am not busting on him sorry Keg if ya thought so, I am not.... I am busing on the theories. I did not view it and I don't plan to. I seen enough of them to know the Michael Moore's will do what they can to discredit the current government to make political points.

Blaming Bush for what Bin Laden did is like Blaming FDR for the attack on Pearl Harbor. The hatred for our government runs so deep, the far left accuses our President of conspiring to kill us, or know about it. Pathetic.

Speaking of Pearl Harbor, Jap planes were seen on radar and dismissed as our own planes returning to port. To know airliners were going to slam towers and cause carnage and let it happen because of a conspiracy is complete lunacy.

A mad man perpetrated this and many want the focus to be on our leadership, not the real villains. I think it's sick. I won't believe it nor will I fall for their accusations of our leadership involved in it.

www.gtoaa.org

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 03:41 PM

Speaking of Pearl Harbor, Jap planes were seen on radar and dismissed as our own planes returning to port. To know airliners were going to slam towers and cause carnage and let it happen because of a conspiracy is complete lunacy.

To be fair, the mistake of planes comming back to port and low flying planes in the heart of New York are two completley different things.
But you are right, people blame our government (mainly the president) for much too many things.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO judge View Post

I know..... I am not busting on him sorry Keg if ya thought so, I am not.... I am busing on the theories. I did not view it and I don't plan to. I seen enough of them to know the Michael Moore's will do what they can to discredit the current government to make political points.

Blaming Bush for what Bin Laden did is like Blaming FDR for the attack on Pearl Harbor. The hatred for our government runs so deep, the far left accuses our President of conspiring to kill us, or know about it. Pathetic.

A mad man perpetrated this and many want the focus to be on our leadership, not the real villains. I think it's sick. I won't believe it nor will I fall for their accusations of our leadership involved in it.

No offense meant, none taken. I must be really bored today, because I just watched it again. If nothing else, it beats the housework my wife told me to do today.
First, let me be clear that I'm not defending the film. My impression is that it doesn't really try to blame Bush or any one particular person, group, or the Government per se. They theorize that there were several people or groups that could have been involved or could have gained from it. Much of it is of a scientific nature arguing that the towers couldn't have collapsed due to the fires and the resulting weakening of the the steel structure the way it is said to have happened. I don't believe their theories either, but I thought it was an interesting film nonetheless.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:

To be fair, the mistake of planes comming back to port and low flying planes in the heart of New York are two completley different things.
But you are right, people blame our government (mainly the president) for much too many things.

Yes and NO... dismissing those planes as ours on radar ,,,, and doing nothing....
Knowing those planes were gonna hit the towers and ..doing nothing. IF it was a conspiracy.

Same results.... if you relate the two... both somewhat avoidable or not as bad as it was had the Jap planes been intercepted, and had the airliners been intercepted.

Congress wasn't blamed for the JAP attack..... many theories about 9-11 blame Congress for conspiracies.

Shows you how far left we've come.

www.gtoaa.org

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Let me ask a serious question... I've never been one to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon, in fact I'm pretty cynical and skeptical when it comes to things like that. But the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania, United flight 93, do you think it was really intentionally crashed by either the passengers or the hijackers or do you think it was shot down? After two planes hit the WTC and the 3rd hit the Pentagon, I think it's a fair assumption to say that the 4th plane was headed to Washington DC with a bullseye on the White House or the Capitol building.

In the hours and days after 9/11, it was widely reported that flight 93 had left a debris trail for several miles before it crashed. Then all that talk suddenly just disappeared. Then in a press conference a couple years later, Rumsfeld was talking about the threat of terrorism and the events of 9/11 and he said "when we shot down Flight 93..." I was watching CNN that day and I saw him say it on live TV, we even talked about it at work for a couple days. I figured a statement like that would cause one hell of an uproar, but later he quietly issued a statement saying "he misspoke" and the whole thing was swept under the rug rather quickly. Did he actually 'misspeak' or did he accidentally tell the truth? After 9/11 we as a nation were hurt, bruised, and angry as hell, and we needed heroes. I'm not saying I think it was shot down, but could or would the American people tolerate it if they were told the plane was shot down to keep it from reaching the White House? Things that make you go hmmm....

Last edited by kegbelly; 01-27-2007 at 06:37 PM.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kegbelly View Post
Let me ask a serious question... I've never been one to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon, in fact I'm pretty cynical and skeptical when it comes to things like that. But the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania, United flight 93, do you think it was really intentionally crashed by either the passengers or the hijackers or do you think it was shot down? After two planes hit the WTC and the 3rd hit the Pentagon, I think it's a fair assumption to say that the 4th plane was headed to Washington DC with a bullseye on the White House or the Capitol building.

In the hours and days after 9/11, it was widely reported that flight 93 had left a debris trail for several miles before it crashed. Then all that talk suddenly just disappeared. Then in a press conference a couple years later, Rumsfeld was talking about the threat of terrorism and the events of 9/11 and he said "when we shot down Flight 93..." I was watching CNN that day and I saw him say it on live TV, we even talked about it at work for a couple days. I figured a statement like that would cause one hell of an uproar, but later he quietly issued a statement saying "he misspoke" and the whole thing was swept under the rug rather quickly. Did he actually 'misspeak' or did he accidentally tell the truth? After 9/11 we as a nation were hurt, bruised, and angry as hell, and we needed heroes. I'm not saying I think it was shot down, but could or would the American people tolerate it if they were told the plane was shot down to keep it from reaching the White House? Things that make you go hmmm....
Regarding flight 93.... My wife and I drove out to visit the site this past summer. We talked to a lady who is a moderator at the memorial. As described by workers who were working next door to the crash. We were told the plane came in upside down kind of horizontally but still on a 45 degree angle. It was traveling if I remember correctly 200 MPH as it hit the ground. It almost hit a (I think) propane tank. The plane narrowly missed it which we were told was like 20 ft off the ground. There were no reports of other aircraft in the area and the plane was intact when it hit the ground. There were witnesses.

This was told to us. When looking at the site you cannot get near the crash site. The memorial is like 500 yards from the crash site. The hole was filled in and there is a fence around the site. There is another smaller memorial inside the fenced in area that the families set up. You cannot get to it. I had binoculars that are pretty powerful and I could see inside the fenced in area. They have the grounds cleaned up and you cannot tell a crash happened. As I said witnesses said the plane was intact as I described. Was not on fire either.

Now if there was a conspiracy that the plane was shot down, then there would have been a lot of paying off the witnesses that saw the plane crash. I'd like to see Michael Moore pull that off.

As we were described the final moments.. and we did read the entire log of what was said on board to the loved ones...This log showed every single word spoken and the time it was spoken. It has all the pictures of everyone on that plane there as well. Most of what you read in the papers did not have the entire log. At the memorial site the entire log is there for everyone to read.

As we read it, and as it was told to us by the moderator there, it brings tears to your eyes. You cannot help but be overwhelmed as you look at the site and hold in your hands the transcript. I don't care how stone cold hearted a person is.... this site will bring you to tears.

We visited ground zero 3 times..... but the visit to Shanksville PA where flight 93 went down makes you cry. Probably because you can hold in your hands the transcript and see the pictures. It hit us deeper than ground zero. Ground zero makes ya weep too but its too commercialized now there. Shanksville is out in the middle of nowhere with no commercializing of it like in NY. It's a very solemn place with dead quiet. A place you can sit and look and pay your respects without someone shoving a brochure in your face trying to make money.

I think the passengers really did thwart those bastards... If someone went through the trouble to forge the transcripts I read and to make it look like anything else, they can rot in hell. Those people knew they were gonna die, and they took the fight to those MFers.

www.gtoaa.org

Last edited by GTO JUDGE; 01-27-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in