Any B-Body fans out there? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any B-Body fans out there?

Came across this ad and I remember it when it came out. I didnt get into cars until high school and that was right around when the B-Body Impala/Roasmaster/Caprices came out. More specifically the Impala SS. It is the one that got me started and interested in cars and I wanted one soo bad. I looked for one with low miles but unfortunately the dealer by me (and most others at the time) wanted $18K for a 96 with 20K miles. I settled on a poor mans Impala, a 95 Caprice 9C1 LT1. 60K miles for $4,000. Everything but the wheels, leather and paint. Plus it had a sweet working spotlight which got a good amout of use when I wanted to spook somebody

I went through 3 Caprices and when I finally blew a head gasket on my 96 I wanted something I didnt have to keep POURING money into. Also getting smoked by new Mustang GT's MIGHT'VE fueled this as well. I have been in love with Corvettes too and wouldve loved a C5 Z06, but I had to keep things halfway practical so with a little down payment and some financing (and lots of searching) I found my GTO and love it to death.

Any other B-body fans on here?

2006 A4 SRM - K&N intake - Pedders Springs, shocks, struts - Hotchkis front/rear swaybars - JBA shortys, catted mids, SLP LM2 - Driveshaft Works 1 Piece aluminum

Chicago IL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 02:19 PM

Me, Me. I still would love to have a 94 - 96 Impala SS. Still my favorite modern Chevy car. I almost bought one I test drove it, had this shimy going over bumps kinda a sign it had been in an accedent or something was wrong with the suspension. The guy offerd to take $500 off because of it, I said no thanks.

I rarely see Roadmasters. Maybe the fastest station wagon until the Magnum came out.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Yeah its hard to find one in good shape now. The biggest gripe I have with the LT1 design is that the waterpump has to be removed to access the distributor. This also means that when your water pump goes, it leaks all over the optispark... beast of a motor though, I drove it hard up to 140K miles with no major engine problems (until the head gasket)

I see a few Roadmasters around here but theyre always beat up and rusted out.

2006 A4 SRM - K&N intake - Pedders Springs, shocks, struts - Hotchkis front/rear swaybars - JBA shortys, catted mids, SLP LM2 - Driveshaft Works 1 Piece aluminum

Chicago IL

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4life View Post
Me, Me. I still would love to have a 94 - 96 Impala SS. Still my favorite modern Chevy car. I almost bought one I test drove it, had this shimy going over bumps kinda a sign it had been in an accedent or something was wrong with the suspension. The guy offerd to take $500 off because of it, I said no thanks.

I rarely see Roadmasters. Maybe the fastest station wagon until the Magnum came out.
American yes but that Audi RS4/RS6 wagon is REAL quick.

Chicago IL

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 11:06 PM

my buddy at work has a dark cherry ss. its a nice car. seats are comfy just cant stay in them well

2005 PBM A4. vararam intake and magnaflow exhaust

1 of 286
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 11:11 PM

Garage
I always loved and wanted an Impalla SS, they are an icon cool car! Now there all getting 26" rims, bubble tops. My Sister and Brother in law were looking for ANOTHER car for their stable and wanted a '10 Camaro, but he has a 06 Supercharged Roush Mustang. I told him to get a new G8, as it is the last Pontiac muscle car, similar but better than the Imp SS, and he did! Can't wait to see it and maybe drive it end of June when I go home. G8's would be a good investment car if they hold there value like the SS did.

Burning rubber since 1982!!
My photobucket, lots of dif car pics.
http://s411.photobucket.com/home/jetstang
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyRed06 View Post
American yes but that Audi RS4/RS6 wagon is REAL quick.
Ehh, I can't consider an Audi a station wagon, I think it would fit inside a Roadmaster My friend has a RS4 and its ok but not that quick, they need mods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstang View Post
I always loved and wanted an Impalla SS, they are an icon cool car! Now there all getting 26" rims, bubble tops. My Sister and Brother in law were looking for ANOTHER car for their stable and wanted a '10 Camaro, but he has a 06 Supercharged Roush Mustang. I told him to get a new G8, as it is the last Pontiac muscle car, similar but better than the Imp SS, and he did! Can't wait to see it and maybe drive it end of June when I go home. G8's would be a good investment car if they hold there value like the SS did.
GM just can't keep a good RWD car anymore. The Imp SS lasted three years, then the G8 lasted two years, what the hell. Not counting the Caprice The G8 GT is a nice car I drove one and a V6. I end up buying the V6 for the wife. Its still a nice car.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltweaker View Post
my buddy at work has a dark cherry ss. its a nice car. seats are comfy just cant stay in them well
True, like a Lazy Boy. Comfy but there is 0 lateral support.

Chicago IL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in