Apocalypse Watch - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Apocalypse Watch

...I just paid $3.00/gal for gas in Castaic last night.

Doom! Doom is upon us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 11:27 AM

Try http://www.gasbuddy.com All the numbers are ugly right now -- but I'm kind of a zealot when it comes to paying for gas. Was able to tank up for $2.69 for premium yesterday -- and only had to go a couple of blocks out of my way to do it.

Amazing how California is the single biggest market for gas on the West Coast -- yet we get screwed because of the "special blend" CARB requires. You'd think, given business and economic theory, that we'd pay less while smaller states requiring smaller volumes of fuel, like Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada and Arizona -- would have to pay more.

I think the oil companies are using California as a test market for price elasticity. They popped us for $2.50 last year -- and are in the process of doing that nationally now. We get $3.00 this year -- when the rest of the country gets it next year. It's a crock not entirely driven by the price of crude. A buck increase in a barrel of oil translates to .025 a gallon -- and prices at the pump are increasing at a far faster rate than OPEC's.

Last edited by b_a_betterperson; 04-12-2005 at 11:29 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho
...I just paid $3.00/gal for gas in Castaic last night.

Doom! Doom is upon us!
heard on the news that none other than bakersfield, ca. has the highest average price gas in the country with @2.62 somewhere in new jersey is lowest @ 2.06. bought 5 gallons of 100 octane unleaded sunoco race gas today for the turbo-t for $37.50. spikes up the pump gas 93 octane in an 18 gallon tank to 95 octane wich my turboed car appreciates.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 04:57 PM

We're just going to sucede from you other 49, then we'll build some new refineries and you can all buy cheap gas from us
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 11:44 PM

Quote:
You'd think, given business and economic theory, that we'd pay less while smaller states requiring smaller volumes of fuel, like Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada and Arizona -- would have to pay more.
Well, over here in Bend Oregon the cheapest price for premium that I have found is $2.79/gal... and that's at ARCO. I'ld be sceptical about using there fuel, I used to run their premium fuel in my Grand National all the time when I was in high school and started having injector problems... the mechanics told me that some of the gas stations that sell cheaper fuel don't use quite the quality of fuel that other stations might.

One thing to consider in Oregon though, we can't pump our own fuel. I wonder how much the stations mark up the price per gallon for that reason?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Here in Maryland, prices have been at $2.41 - 2.49 for Shell, Exxon aand Amoco (BP) for about a month.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 11:27 AM

They had a "gas war" here locally last week with regular at $2.07 and premium (91 octane) at $2.27. Unfortunately, prices have risen this week to $2.14 and $2.34, which is still good considering. I managed to take advantage of the cheaper situation several times.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 09:07 PM

I am lucky,,I get to buy go juice on post(military),,dodges the tax man that way top off today at $2.12 pre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in