Back from the Hot Rod Power Tour. I am famous! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 01:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Back from the Hot Rod Power Tour. I am famous!

OK, well maybe not FAMOUS, but it's a big deal to my friends, family, and myself. Hot Rod magazine put a pic of myself driving the Goat into one of the legs of the power tour (not sure which, either Chattanooga, TN, Birmingham, AL, or Mobile, AL). Anyways, I thought I would share. 2010 Hot Rod Power Tour Dates and Cities Announced.

I have way too many pics to post on here. Go to my facebook page to look at them. Got lots of cool pics of goats and picks of 3 badass Whipple supercharged LS3 Holden Sport Utes that 5 crazy Aussies brought over on a boat just for the power tour. The Photos are obviously in the album labeled Power Tour 2010. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=dece9b5f68

I got some nice video of my car up on the dyno trailer for the Lucas Oil E3 Spark Plugs Dyno Challenge. She pulled low on me, really low. Only 401 hp to the wheels. But in all fairness, the dyno operator told me that just because it pulled 455 back in march on the same brand dyno in Pensacola that it didn't matter worth a hill of beans since all dynos are different and it was 101 [email protected] degrees out with 40% humidity, I'm sure that helped alot.

There was a guy who went before me who had a brand new Roush stage 3 Mustang that supposively put down 525 to the wheels a few weeks ago and only put down 460 on that particular day with me. Everybody's numbers were low. If I can't post video on here (haven't tried it yet) I'll put it up on youtube and send you guys a link.

One more thing, if you guys have never gone to the Power Tour, even just one leg of it, if it comes near you sometime in the future, GO! I had show much fun it should've been illegal. Got to meet Jerry Magnuson, shake his hand, and have him autograph my Hot Rod Magazine with the article with his custom Foose hot rod in it. Met old man Edelbrock too. I have to get in bed now. Enjoy the pics.
Dustin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyminpin View Post
OK, well maybe not FAMOUS, but it's a big deal to my friends, family, and myself. Hot Rod magazine put a pic of myself driving the Goat into one of the legs of the power tour (not sure which, either Chattanooga, TN, Birmingham, AL, or Mobile, AL). Anyways, I thought I would share. 2010 Hot Rod Power Tour Dates and Cities Announced.

I have way too many pics to post on here. Go to my facebook page to look at them. Got lots of cool pics of goats and picks of 3 badass Whipple supercharged LS3 Holden Sport Utes that 5 crazy Aussies brought over on a boat just for the power tour. The Photos are obviously in the album labeled Power Tour 2010. Dustin David McCullough's Photos - Power Tour 2010 | Facebook

I got some nice video of my car up on the dyno trailer for the Lucas Oil E3 Spark Plugs Dyno Challenge. She pulled low on me, really low. Only 401 hp to the wheels. But in all fairness, the dyno operator told me that just because it pulled 455 back in march on the same brand dyno in Pensacola that it didn't matter worth a hill of beans since all dynos are different and it was 101 [email protected] degrees out with 40% humidity, I'm sure that helped alot.

There was a guy who went before me who had a brand new Roush stage 3 Mustang that supposively put down 525 to the wheels a few weeks ago and only put down 460 on that particular day with me. Everybody's numbers were low. If I can't post video on here (haven't tried it yet) I'll put it up on youtube and send you guys a link.

One more thing, if you guys have never gone to the Power Tour, even just one leg of it, if it comes near you sometime in the future, GO! I had show much fun it should've been illegal. Got to meet Jerry Magnuson, shake his hand, and have him autograph my Hot Rod Magazine with the article with his custom Foose hot rod in it. Met old man Edelbrock too. I have to get in bed now. Enjoy the pics.
Dustin.
I WAS AT THE REGION'S PARK EVENT AND THERE WERE SOME REALLY NICE CAR'S. TOO BAD IT WAS SO DAMN HOT. I ENJOYED THE ''AUTOCROSS'' EVENT, BUT THE HEAT WAS SO BAD THE WIFE MADE ME LEAVE EARLIER THAN I WANTED. GLAD YOU MADE IT. BILL
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 06:24 AM

Garage
Congrats on the good time! I did it too, Birmingham to Mobile. It was a great time. I made Hot Rod also, here's my link: 2010 Hot Rod Power Tour Dates and Cities Announced
I got Vic Edelbrocks autograph also. Magnusson was driving the little orange Foose coupe right? I talked to him when he arrived in Birmingham. He said the coupe had 30 miles on it when they started the Power tour. The Coupe looked liked something competing for the Riddler award. He was driving it with booties on to keep the interior clean.

Here's the Tremec Chevelle. Sweet ride and done so right.

Guy did the whole Power tour in this coupe.

My car at the Power tour truck!

I have over 300 pictures on photobucket, username jetstang.
There leaving out of Detroit next year if anyone is interested.

Burning rubber since 1982!!
My photobucket, lots of dif car pics.
http://s411.photobucket.com/home/jetstang

Last edited by jetstang; 06-14-2010 at 06:40 AM.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 06:36 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyminpin View Post
Dustin.
If you click on the pic it comes up with a printable pic with the hot rod magazine stamp on it. I was thrilled when I found my pic.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTOSLIM50 View Post
I WAS AT THE REGION'S PARK EVENT AND THERE WERE SOME REALLY NICE CAR'S. TOO BAD IT WAS SO DAMN HOT. I ENJOYED THE ''AUTOCROSS'' EVENT, BUT THE HEAT WAS SO BAD THE WIFE MADE ME LEAVE EARLIER THAN I WANTED. GLAD YOU MADE IT. BILL
You were right about the heat. I kept sending my wife text messages saying I was dieing. Mobile was just as bad. Chattanooga was the nicest for me. It stormed around 12-1 which cooled everything off with alot of overcast the rest of the day. Beautiful country side up there.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstang View Post

If you click on the pic it comes up with a printable pic with the hot rod magazine stamp on it. I was thrilled when I found my pic.
That's awesome! I saw old man Vic Edelbrock, but didn't get an autograph. I did however, get Jerry Magnason's autograph and got to speak with him at great length about his career in the auto industry and the differences between his new TVS superchargers and the older MP models. Super cool guy, his wife was very nice as well.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 06:39 PM

Garage
That was a damn good time, wish it was about 30 degrees cooler, to get it back into the 80's. They said Bowling Green was on a runway and the car tires melted into the black top and people were losing their flip flops because they stuck to the tar. I wish it was leaving back out of Mobile next year, but the rumor is Detroit. I just couldn't believe how whoever you run with would wave and everyone had a great time regardless of what you were driving, Ford, Chevy, Mopar, Vette, Hot Rod, street Rod or family truckster, all thumbs up and smiles. What a great time!!

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

My wife said the same thing. She drove up Thursday night to meet me at the Embassy Suites in Birmingham for dinner and stay the night and cruised behind me in her Z71 along with the rest of the Hot Rods back to Mobile. She said even people were waving at her, lol, which she waved back. Like you said, it was funny how the whole Ford vs GM vs Mopar thing got thrown out the window. The only ricer I remember seeing was a Mazda RX-8. The guy raced it on the road course in Birmingham and the announcer on the loudspeaker said it was "a Toyota or someting. I can't tell them apart..... Oh I'm sorry, I've been told it's a Mazda." I laughed my ass off.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 06:49 AM

Garage
Mazda, that's funny.
After the battleship I was heading home. Stopped for gas, pulling out saw a C-6 Vette with a power tour decal. I hit the highway, he followed and tucked in right behind me for the 100 mile run back home.
At the Battleship there were 2000+ cars and NO spectators, it wasn't ever set up at as a car show. We figured out that Hot Rodders are our own biggest fans, and it wasn't cheap to run the tour, so everyone was on vacation. They said it was Hot Rod Summercamp..

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 07:21 PM

I had never seen such comradery, no matter what brand of car or what modifications or what bolted on parts one had...All smiles, no "d#ckheads...all genuine...One of the best times I ever had!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in