User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bored of this site

I am wondering how you all are feeling.

I get under 10 responses to my questions on the average and I honestly do not review all the post myself.

I don't see other forums doing a snap job either. What are the faults?
No congruity to a system. How to research topics is poor- thats why redundant questions are asked. Systems feedback is poor.
The Super moderators need to step up and ....Moderate.

What do I expect?
More fluidity
More Camaraderie
More of what got me here.
It just seems....not as good.
Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

I know Rex- but I love this site and it is truly my thoughts thats that make me ask this this question. There is room for improvement here so if others can see that and contribute, the site will only improve.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raspantienator View Post
I am wondering how you all are feeling.

I get under 10 responses to my questions on the average and I honestly do not review all the post myself.

I don't see other forums doing a snap job either. What are the faults?
No congruity to a system. How to research topics is poor- thats why redundant questions are asked. Systems feedback is poor.
The Super moderators need to step up and ....Moderate.

What do I expect?
More fluidity
More Camaraderie
More of what got me here.
It just seems....not as good.
Frank
There is nothing wrong with you feeling the way you do but you should understand that someone being a Moderator or Super Moderator does not mean that they have the answer to every question. I know I don't know everything therefore I don't answer some of the questions asked. GTO Judge, EEZGoat, Rukee, 05GTO and GM4life may know more in one field than I do and vice versa.

Here is the forum definition of a Moderator;

Moderators oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, and perform other manipulations. Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating.

We're not assigned to specific forums. We all have a right to manipulate any forum. IHMO, I feel that we've helped more people than we haven't helped. Plenty of times when we don't have the answer(s) we've posted links from other sites that may contain the answers or something similar. I honestly wouldn't attempt to give you an answer to something I'm not sure about. I've helped quite a few members out when it came to Maggie questions because I have experience installing them. I've gone as far as sending a member parts at no price (PDQ GTO - Rich). I've offered to install a Maggie for a member at no cost. I've helped other members who live close to me install parts on their cars as well as getting help on mine from members here (bluhaven - Brenda and Kevin and GM4life - Justin). Even as a Super Moderator I've had to go to other forums that have more members than ours to seek answers that I couldn't find here and still couldn't get the answer I needed. Then from there I just take it to the internet and find what I was looking for.

So please understand that there may be times that we just don't know what the answer is. I think that is fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspantienator View Post
I know Rex- but I love this site and it is truly my thoughts thats that make me ask this this question. There is room for improvement here so if others can see that and contribute, the site will only improve.
That is very true and I think that improvement is always a good thing. I think this forum does have a lot of contributing members such as fergyflyer, svede1212, exwrx, scg87, Forensic Steve, blubeast and plenty more that I can't think of at the moment. I know those guys have helped me understand quite a few things about my car and other cars.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI

Last edited by 6QTS11OZ; 06-18-2009 at 10:55 PM.
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 08:59 PM

GTO's are fading away, been out of production for 3 years now. Guys either only drive them on weekends, or have another car they are modding now and daily driving there Goats. Sign of the times. Just gotta hang on long enough for the other GTO forums to fade away and then you benefit from the new blood!

'05 GTO A4, LPE CAI, SLP 421 Bobcat tune, Spin Tech catback, RE-01R tires.
'07 ZX14, Muzzy, K&N, advancer, PCIII, etc.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 09:23 PM

I've been through a bunch of cars and a bunch of forums.

LS1.com, corvetteforum, SVTforum, ls1gto.com, and others I can't even remember. These all related to cars that I owned at the particular time I belonged. I've left all of them.

I still visit LS1.com now that I have the Camaro. I visit the corvetteforum for the political parts and because I love the Corvette. But this is my main forum. The quality of the people here is a notch above. You never get a negative comment about asking a question that was asked before. I hate forums that someone says use search when someone asks a new to the poster question.

I hope it stays the same and congrats to the mods for keeping this an interesting place to visit and respectfully communicate with other enthusiasts.

Groups have met up in the Northeast and the West seems to be a tight knit group. There is definately a friendly caring atmosphere here.

Sorry Rasp, I disagree with you on this one.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 10:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Justice
I just recently came back to the forum. I was only away because life events took me away. (Some pretty serious ones at that) I saw people come and go, but this place is always good. I help when I can, and listen in when someone else does.

I too, disagree with you.

"Some people are like slinky's. They really have no useful purpose, but they can still put a smile on your face when you push them down stairs."
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 10:33 PM

Garage
This is a cool forum, very diverse from the early to late GTO's, big void. There is really good info and much experience to share for the older Goats. I am also on Corvette forum and Race850.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 10:57 PM

I lay blame on the number of categories. There seems to be a magic number of categories for every forum. I'd say this one has gone overboard by a dozen or more, 29 different discussion categories, not counting vendors or help. Why separate intake and exhaust and engine discussion? I’ve only looked in a couple of sections, perhaps 3 or 4 out of all 29. But most importantly when I’m “just checking in” I only check one, General Discussion, but of course, there isn’t anything there, because every topic related to GTOs, cars, or even off topic rants from work… All have another place. So I move on to another car forum.

2006 Black GTO
2006 Black Charger R/T
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

Great responses which puts another huge hole in my post. Personally, I have had all of my GTO questions answered here. One moderator went as far as to speak with me on the phone to assist me installing HID's.

I've had many PM's that I hoped to help others as well.

I belong to several forums, but this is the only one I visit at least once a day. My words may have been originally too strong- had a real bad day at work.
I love this site and will continue to be part of it.

Thank you all for your responses, honest opinions, and decorum.

Frank
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 05:35 AM

Came on here back in 04 while I was looking for info on the new GTO that was coming out. Don't post much but check in all the time. This is a more docile forum which is good. I do not need to be dumped on by others when I ask a simple question as on other forums. This is a good place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in