User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Broads On Cell Phones

It's getting really annoying!!!!

I was at my son's soccer game this morning (3 goals, 2 assists). His team won 11-2.

Anyway, there's a woman with her butt in a chair next to me on the sidelines. Literally, from the moment her ass hit the chair she whipped out a cell phone and proceeded to make call after call for the entire hour of the game. This woman was probably in her mid-forties, not a teenager. I don't think she gave any attention to her kid playing soccer.

Now, as my wife pointed out, I could have just moved away from her. But, why should I have to? There are people out there (many people) who seem to be addicted to the damned things. I defend their right to give themselves brain cancer, but not in public places. I really don't care to hear about her painful vaginal yeast infection while I'm watching a game, eating dinner in a restaurant, browsing in Barnes & Noble, or watching a movie. Good manners just seem to be a thing of the past.

As I'm pulling out of the parking lot after the game, who should fall in behind the GTO but, you guessed it, cell phone lady. She was juggling the cell phone, the steering wheel, and appeared to be looking away to tune the radio or adjust some other control on the dash. Brilliant!!! Last I saw of her, she was cruising the public roads looking for victims.

I guess I'm not PC, but it seems like women are guilty of this more often than men. I know they're supposed to be the "communicators" but, holy crap! Give it a rest once in a while!!!!

OK rant over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 11:27 AM

What's Even Worse Is When You See The Young Ones Text-messaging When They Drive... Might As Well Be Reading A Book.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 12:42 PM

I see just as many male offenders as female. And they seem to be getting more and more common--I agree that there are a lot of people who do not show courtesy or common sense, and think that their cell phone comes first.

Heck, I don't know how many times I've been in a meeting, or someplace where you are supposed to keep quiet, and--even though they don't use their cell (at least)--people will not put it on vibrate or silence the ringer. Instead, suddenly some really loud 7 second ring-tone of some movie theme song will go off, full volume, and the person will let their phone ring the 4-5 times that are necessary to get it to voicemail.

At work, when I go into the bathroom, sometimes their are women talking on cell phones while using the john! I mean, I wonder how the person on the other end feels, hearing flushing and tinkling while talking with someone about the upcoming ball game or whatever. (Since I don't go into men's restrooms, no idea how many men may do this).

Then I'll go to the public break room to get some ice from the ice machine. Some dude will be talking on his cell phone in the break room. I'll use the ice machine--which makes a loud grinding noise--and the guy on the phone will start giving me a dirty look. Hey, it's the public break room--take your personal call elsewhere if you don't want the noise. People aren't going to wait on using ice machines and microwaves just because you feel it is so important that you just have to immediately talk about getting trashed at a party.

/rant off.

06 IBM/blue M6 18"
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 05:15 AM

Almost got hit by a phonee (hehe!) on my way home from work Friday. Lady in a jeep talking on her phone decided to murge left without noticing I was right next to her. If I hadn't layed on the horn I would have been in law suit heaven.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 08:21 PM

Want to try an interesting trick?

Turn your radio on, but turn the volume all the way down. Call somebody and tell them to hold...

Hold your cell phone close to the radio and listen to your speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in