Bummer. - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bummer.

Been working for the past couple of years on a company that will be marketing what we call "pet accessories for the home." Stuff for cats and small dogs that looks like very high end cabinetry -- so it won't stick out like a sore thumb in your house.

We're two weeks away from launch. Had some stuff lined up with Macy's. PR plan ready to go. I've dropped a ton of dough on this -- and was ready to get the first order placed, get product in, get photography taken and go live. But our case goods (woodworking) vendor kept dragging their feet on signing a contract.

Finally, I blew my stack and fired off an e-mail. "We have a contract back here by 5PM today or I'm taking my business elsewhere." So they quit. Amazing. And I've been working with these guys for close to a year.

The good news is that I've got resolution. The bad news is I have to start from scratch with another manufacturer. Fortunately, I had backups already lined up -- so, if everything goes smoothly, we should be ready to go in March 07. Bad news is I've got nothing to do for a while -- so I'll have to go and work for somebody else as I started doing this because I didn't like running my other company anymore.

Crap. And when I started this company in March of 04 I thought I'd be selling within six months. At least I like working on this -- because if I didn't I would've quit months ago.

Thanks for letting me vent. And if you ever start you own company -- be sure to do something you love to do -- because it will be the only thing to get you through the tough times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 11:45 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to raven1124
Keep your head up. Go with your back up plan and work your ass off!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Man. I'm doing just that.

How's Montgomery these days? Was there a few years ago. Met with a guy named Jake Aronov. Looked like he owned half the town! Loved your airport. Its 8 or so gates were quaint -- and I rented the biggest, dumbest car ever made -- a bright white Lincoln Town Car. What a boat.

Your freeways are awesome, too. Big, wide, smooth, new -- and wide open. Looks like a wonderful place to live.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 11:54 PM

It's ok. Crime is still a big problem in some areas. A Montgomery PD officer was shot in the face and killed about two weeks ago. I guess it's like any other big city. Some parts are dumps and some are nice.

As far as the roads go, they must of have not paved them since you were here. Some parts on I85 and I65 are just terrible.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 02:06 PM

Montgomery's a big city? I must have missed that part...

Jk
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 02:28 PM

Well, bigger than where I came from. You know where Americus is?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 03:21 PM

I've worked for myself for 22 years and know exactly what your talking about. At times things are really tough, but then others are out of control, that's the way I like it.

I do Home automation, Home theater, Networking and SB Computer systems. Finally got hooked in with a couple of custom home builders in the area and things are a lot better now. So hang in there, you'll make it!

Chris
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 01:48 PM

Heh, I had a supplier for the hardware I use on my boost controllers take forever to ship one time which held me up in shipping. Customers and dealers were getting pissed that they did not have their items. Emailed them basically saying "what's going on, you guys told me one week and it has been 5, this is ridiculous- I have people getting upset that they are not getting their product. I don't appreciate not being kept up to speed with this issue and it must be resolved immediately or I am going to start losing sales over this. I have dealt with you for 2 years and never had an issue, if I had known there would be a problem now, I would have ordered in a backup order elsewhere to hold me over until your product gets here".

There reply was basically "you don't like it, I have cancelled your order and you can go somewhere else". Very professional.... At least you had a backup supplier- I had all my eggs in one basket- learned to never do that again!
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in