Camaro Owner Records Mechanics at Chevrolet/Kia Dealer Abusing Car - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Camaro Owner Records Mechanics at Chevrolet/Kia Dealer Abusing Car

Camaro owner records mechanics abusing car, scheming to get damages paid for | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos

2005 Pontaic GTO - CGM 6 Speed (My car)
2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT (My daily driver)
2010 Mercedes Benz C300 Sedan (Wife's car)
2014 Kia Rio LX (Wife's daily driver)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Haha, not surprising. I took my 06 in a couple of weeks before the free warranty expired for a final check and when i dropped it off they practically begged me for a reason to replace ANYTHING. I kinda scratched my head and said "well I guess the ebrake handle shakes a bit going down the highway?" The service writer got really excited and said "Okay, we'll get one ordered for you and call you when it's in!" I dropped it off a few days later for installation and their mechanic(s) took it on a 15 mile test drive to "confirm the problem". WTF? It's not like I asked for anything to be diagnosed.

Needless to say, It's never going back there.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
The dealership ultimately did buy back the customers car and in return he agreed to take down the youtube video. Don't know what happened to the mechanics.

2005 Pontaic GTO - CGM 6 Speed (My car)
2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT (My daily driver)
2010 Mercedes Benz C300 Sedan (Wife's car)
2014 Kia Rio LX (Wife's daily driver)
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is exactly why I do my own work. Last time I took a vehicle to a dealer was for body work on my modified silverado. They got body work chemicals all over my raw aluminum Mickey Thompson beadlock wheels, requiring them to be removed, stripped, machine polished, and put back together. Then they stripped out a number of beadlock ring holes, and filled them with loctite, epoxy, and anything else they could find to try and pass it off and not damaged. Then the service manager told me, in exact words, to go **** myself, because he saw a post on fb I put up about the situation. Needless to say, I will never go back. Which sucks, because the next closest dealership is like 25 miles away, this one is 4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in