Car added to the stable, 08 HHR SS - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Car added to the stable, 08 HHR SS

Julie's car is scheduled to be delivered later this week. 08 HHR SS A4 w/ 12k miles. Completely stock for now. I taked her into getting the stage 1 kit from GM that adds 30HP and 70TQ without voiding your warrenty. That should be on the car in the next 2 weeks, then I can tweak the tune some. 1 of 176 in this color(its blue but when the sun shines at different angles it turns purple and very similiar to the stealth blue G8). I'll get some really good pics to show the color change. She is really excited.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	7447   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	7448   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	843.9 KB
ID:	7449   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	603.6 KB
ID:	7450   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	795.1 KB
ID:	7451  

2003 Corvette Z06 - MGW shifter, Corsa X pipe, Corsa Xtreme exhaust, Texas Speed long tubes w/o cats, PowerStop rotors/pads, Conti DWS tires, C6Z51 F&R sways, C5R headlights, tuned

04 GTO - sold

Last edited by jpalamar; 05-17-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

More pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	7452   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	7453   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	7454   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	7455   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	7456  

2003 Corvette Z06 - MGW shifter, Corsa X pipe, Corsa Xtreme exhaust, Texas Speed long tubes w/o cats, PowerStop rotors/pads, Conti DWS tires, C6Z51 F&R sways, C5R headlights, tuned

04 GTO - sold
post #3 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 11:58 AM

WOW! That engine bay is tiny. Never seen under the hood of an HHR before.

From what I remember the GMPP upgrade adds another MAP sensor, and a reflash (obviously). I have a buddy with a Solstice GXP, and he says that the VCM has heavy torque management even on the manual. Should be fun to play with.

I wish I could find a wrecked one of these or a Cobalt SS/TC to do a motor swap on my Grand Am.
post #4 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Yep, the new MAP is exactly why it needs the stage 1 so the turbo can run higher PSI. Stage 1 kit and a tune with these are running in the high 13s. The auto also has launch control so its so easy to drive(I call it cheating though).

04 GTO - sold
post #5 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 03:40 PM

A very nice addition.

Now go show those Mustang guys what bowtie pride is all about.

post #6 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

So 1.5 tanks of gas into ownership, the turbos wastegate silonoid failed. No boost at all and the exhaust tip turned instantly black.

Took it to GM because it is still withing the 3/36 (08 w/ 13k miles). Was told the part is back ordered and they will let us know. I said since the part to fix the internal wastegate is back ordered, just give us a turbo from anothe rnew car and then you can deal with waiting for the part. It isn't a warrenty if I have to wait months to get our car back. They gave us some ****ty POS Saturn rental. GM corporate got a call.

Her GTO spent more time getting warrenty work done then actually driven and it was bought as a dealer demo. My GTO hasn't had a single issue yet with 65k+ miles. Now the HHR after 2 weeks of ownership isn't driveable. And just to add to things the Chevy bowties bubbled like our steering wheels do. They are replaceing that as well. To be honest, I'm lost faith in GM.

When their customer service calls, I'm demanding the extended bumper to bumper warrenty since they can't make a car last and I'm demanding a new turbo because this is a DD and is needed for Julie's work.

I can say this much, my next car won't be a GM.
post #7 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 07:52 AM

Damn, that sucks man. I hate to hear that. I love HHRs and secretly always wanted to get an SS for my wife as a daily driver so she didn't have to lug her crew cab Z71 around all the time.
post #8 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
My wife has had an 06 HHR 2LT as her daily driver since it was new. Not a turbo as they weren't available yet but more importantly, no problems in 47K miles. My wife could care less about a turbo and I don't feel the need to buy a vehicle with stuff for me if it's going to be her car.

2005 Pontaic GTO - CGM 6 Speed (My car)
2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT (My daily driver)
2010 Mercedes Benz C300 Sedan (Wife's car)
2014 Kia Rio LX (Wife's daily driver)
post #9 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
So 1.5 tanks of gas into ownership, the turbos wastegate silonoid failed. No boost at all and the exhaust tip turned instantly black.

Took it to GM because it is still withing the 3/36 (08 w/ 13k miles). Was told the part is back ordered and they will let us know. I said since the part to fix the internal wastegate is back ordered, just give us a turbo from anothe rnew car and then you can deal with waiting for the part. It isn't a warrenty if I have to wait months to get our car back. They gave us some ****ty POS Saturn rental. GM corporate got a call.

Her GTO spent more time getting warrenty work done then actually driven and it was bought as a dealer demo. My GTO hasn't had a single issue yet with 65k+ miles. Now the HHR after 2 weeks of ownership isn't driveable. And just to add to things the Chevy bowties bubbled like our steering wheels do. They are replaceing that as well. To be honest, I'm lost faith in GM.

When their customer service calls, I'm demanding the extended bumper to bumper warrenty since they can't make a car last and I'm demanding a new turbo because this is a DD and is needed for Julie's work.

I can say this much, my next car won't be a GM.
My first Z06 was nothing but problems. This one is perfect. My GTO was perfect.

My first C6 had two recalls though and man I know exactly how you feel. It took them 1 month to fix the roof on the C6 and they would only give me a rental if the car sat at the dealership. Well they wouldn't keep the car inside and if it rained it would get wet inside with the top problem and they told me that was the best they could do.

Then it had a rear end recall due to a grinding noise. They used the wrong diff fluid in C6's and XLR's. I made an appointment at a dealership and twice was told that they were too busy to do the repair when I brought the car in. GM told me sorry that's between the dealership and me. So I made an appointment at another dealership. The exact same thing happened. GM again said, sorry, your problem not theirs.

GM makes some great cars. They really need to understand that what makes people not care about price is the service after the sale. Every car has problems. Ask my brother about his Toyota Avalon and the 42 trips to the dealer in 36 months of ownership. GM needs to understand that the cost of keeping a customer happy is much less than the cost of finding new customers.

My Hyundai ****** went to the dealer for it's 15,000 mile service. An oil change and a cabin filter change and some basic checks. They found that one of the headlights wasn't quite as bright as the other and replaced BOTH bulbs. I'm not even sure that was one of their checks, they just said their policy is to use headlights inside the service area and a tech, not the one working on the car, but another tech noticed it. No charge. Total cost was $55 tax and all for an oil change and cabin filter. The filter is $30 plus tax at Autozone.

By the way, bulbs are free for 6 years or 60,000 miles.

If the Hyundai Genesis coupe just had a bit more power..........
post #10 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 10:34 AM

I've NEVER had any big issues with any of my Pontiacs. Except rust.

Every single one I've owned, the motor outlasted the body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in