Car Show - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Car Show

I put the C6 in a car show yesterday. I made it into the top 50 out of over 200 which made me feel pretty good. I guess being anal about car maintenance paid off. There was some really nice stuff there.

One of the catagories was modern muscle cars, for the 1975 and up crowd. The winner was a really nice red/red 05 GTO. There was a couple of older GTO's there, a 65 that was pristine. A guy had a Judge there too.

I was in the Corvette group, which is really a tough group to compete in. There was a 62 car that was bought from Barrett-Jackson. It didn't win, which suprised me, instead they picked a 72 454 coupe that was real good. I think because the one car was a labor of love and the other was a purchase show car they judged them differently.

It was a perfect day for a car show yesterday, and after we got all set up it was really relaxing to just sit and chat with car people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 10:02 AM

Congratulations ... do you have any pics of your car or the show?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 03:28 PM

Congratulations on your car!

Was this an all GM show? Just wondering if the Goat beat any Chrysler or Ford products.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2gordon
Congratulations ... do you have any pics of your car or the show?
The car show was in Eustis, so you'll know where that is. I haven't gotten the pics E-mailed to me yet, but when they get here I'll post them. They'll have pics of this Goat too. It is really different. It has the full SAP package, auto, 18" wheels and the SAP spoiler on the back which I've never seen. It looks great. It also has a stripe package the dealer did that says GTO on the sides. The car has less than 3,000 miles and the guy basically bought it to show at car shows and cruises. He's about 70 and he had a 64 and 70 GTO, and missed them both so he bought this car.

I was under two trees in the middle of a 1930's Mercedes and my bosses 2000 Camaro SS. You can see lake Eustis in the background, so it's real senic. I can't wait to get the pics.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noz34me
Congratulations on your car!

Was this an all GM show? Just wondering if the Goat beat any Chrysler or Ford products.
It was an all makes show. The GTO beat a half dozen 4th gen F-bodies. A couple 2nd gen F-bodies. About 10 Mustangs, including a 2001 Rousch that had an air bag suspension on it that the owner played with constantly till it got very annoying. The Rousch also had several DVD players, a wild stereo and a bunch of other hey look at me items. He got really pissed when the GTO beat him out for top muscle car honors. There wasn't any Mopars there that were 75 and up. They did have a fabulous 71 Cuda Convertible. It was a 383, auto in pale yellow with white interior and stripes. A Belvedere GTX with a 426 Hemi beat it in the older muscle car group. Both were less than 50k miles and in pristine shape.

My favorite of the show was a 34 Ford 2dr that was Hot Rod perfect. It was just . There was a 40's Willy's coupe that was up there too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in