Check Out This Motorcycle - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Check Out This Motorcycle

http://www.confederate.com The B91 Wraith (click on "machines" to view) is awesome. For $62K, it should be, though -- although compared to the pieces of junk OCC builds, this thing is a steal.

Last edited by b_a_betterperson; 07-26-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_betterperson
http://www.confederate.com The B91 Wraith (click on "machines" to view) is awesome. For $62K, it should be, though -- although compared to the pieces of junk OCC builds, this thing is a steal.
Why do you say OCC builds junk?
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 11:12 PM

$62k... for a bike.... holy hell Batman!
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmax
Why do you say OCC builds junk?
The folks I've known who have bought them haven't been impressed with the finished product. The engines are great as folks like Screaming Eagle supply them -- it's just the little things like a blip in the paint or subassemblies that aren't dialed in correctly that get people fired up. The custom wheels I saw on one had so much bit chatter that Helen Keller could have kept busy deciphering the bumps for a week.

People assume that because they're shelling out 30, 40, 50 grand or more (a lot more) for a bike -- that the quality standards should be equal to that of a run of the mill crotch rocket. Unfortunately, that's no guarantee. Sort of like dropping big dough on a Maserati in the 80's. Just because it's expensive doesn't mean it ain't gonna blow up on the way home.

Doesn't matter, really, as most of the guys who buy those things, including the folks I've met who have them, are paper tigers who end up leaving them in the garage, anyway. As for this Confederate bike, who knows what the quality is. All I know is that it looks pretty cool. Then again, you might be better off getting a Buell.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 12:04 AM

Sorry man, but that thing is FUGLY! In my opinion

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 10:01 AM

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 02:55 PM

YEah, I'm not too impressed. My dream bike........
http://www.ducati.com/bikes/my2005/p...e=SS1000DS-05#
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMVorbeck
YEah, I'm not too impressed. My dream bike........
http://www.ducati.com/bikes/my2005/p...e=SS1000DS-05#

But are you experienced enough to ride that sucker? That's definately one hard bike to handle
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
I have never ridden a motorcycle, nor do I desire to ride one. So my ignorance on the actual performance on them will most probably show.....

I know they are a lot of fun but I have to ask.....

How does one ride that type of bike, or most suicide bikes for that matter? You have to lay 3/4 the down on it. You have to keep yourself propped up with your arms. To me wouldn't this get fatiguing holding your upper body up with your arms while riding?

I have seen umpteen thousands of suicide bikes on the road., and I have to say....99.9% of those I see riding them are RECKLESS and are serious, serious risk takers. I cannot recall ever seeing someone on one of them taking a leisurely ride. I'm gonna say 9 out of 10 I see, dart in and out of traffic, lane jump, (many times within inches of a car)...then pass illegally on the right hand side of the road , pass between cars.... goose the throttle and release while creeping at a red light. Popping wheelie's... etc... I am not picking on the riders... Ok well maybe I am.... Does this type of cycle bring the beast out of the rider? For every 1 rider I see remotely "behaving" on that type of bike, I see 9 that I expect to see wrapped around a phone pole.

I guess the reason I never had the desire to ride one is because I flat out wouldn't trust a lot of idiots in cars, forcing the cycle driver off the road. With my luck I'd end up dead on a cycle.... But these guys on the suicide bikes, it's almost like they are inviting it.... A guy I worked with wrapped himself around a pole on one.... Young kid... lost his life. His luck ran out on one of those.

Is it the power between the legs, or do those drivers flat out check their brains at the door when they get on one? If you think I'm exaggerating the countless reckless idiots on them performing Evil Kneivel stunts.... just watch em'. Makes me half glad I don't ride cycles.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceEater

But are you experienced enough to ride that sucker? That's definately one hard bike to handle
I couldnt tell you, I have never had a chance to ride one. I am experienced enough to ride, but possibly not smart enough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in