check your tires - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
EEZ GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Phenix City Alabama
Posts: 2,626
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to EEZ GOAT
check your tires

i just checked my tires and found them to be at 60+psi. , i drove over 3,000 on 60+psi. And check this out. i just had an oil change at the dealer 2 weeks ago and they said they check my tire psi
Morons. they will here from me
EEZ GOAT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 08:10 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What are you expecting them to do? It's a well documented fact that these cars ship with an extremely high tire pressure to prevent nipples.
sboylan is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 08:12 PM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 937
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sboylan
What are you expecting them to do? It's a well documented fact that these cars ship with an extremely high tire pressure to prevent nipples.
Nipples? heh...........
JMVorbeck is offline  
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
EEZ GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Phenix City Alabama
Posts: 2,626
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to EEZ GOAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sboylan
What are you expecting them to do? It's a well documented fact that these cars ship with an extremely high tire pressure to prevent nipples.
every body dont no this. " Yes i like to but a gto and by the way did you let the tire pressure out to 35-40 psi ? give me and the rest of us a break
EEZ GOAT is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 08:20 AM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 358
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sboylan
What are you expecting them to do? It's a well documented fact that these cars ship with an extremely high tire pressure to prevent nipples.
PREVENT NIPPLES? I like nipples!
gameover is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 08:31 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah - I would definately have some words to share with the dealer about not prepping your car properly and then failing again to insure your tires were properly inflated when you got your oil change. "Frickin Idiots - Gawd"
JTYLER1604 is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 10:02 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTYLER1604
Yeah - I would definately have some words to share with the dealer about not prepping your car properly and then failing again to insure your tires were properly inflated when you got your oil change. "Frickin Idiots - Gawd"
I hate that movie so much....
RiceEater is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 11:58 AM
 
b_a_betterperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEZ GOAT
i drove over 3,000 on 60+psi
Agreed, the dealer did you wrong two times (not setting pressures correctly upon delivery and telling you they checked the tire pressure when they did not), but it's ultimately your car and your responsibility for getting it set up right.

That said, you do have a valid complaint with the dealership. Talk to their general manager and get an apology and some kind of compensation (like a couple of free synthethic oil changes). Glad you solved the problem. Good luck.
b_a_betterperson is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
EEZ GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Phenix City Alabama
Posts: 2,626
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to EEZ GOAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_betterperson
Agreed, the dealer did you wrong two times (not setting pressures correctly upon delivery and telling you they checked the tire pressure when they did not), but it's ultimately your car and your responsibility for getting it set up right.

That said, you do have a valid complaint with the dealership. Talk to their general manager and get an apology and some kind of compensation (like a couple of free synthethic oil changes). Glad you solved the problem. Good luck.
i left 2 messages for the general manager in two days. he will not call me back. i think i will go up there tomorrow.
EEZ GOAT is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 10:33 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEZ GOAT
i left 2 messages for the general manager in two days. he will not call me back. i think i will go up there tomorrow.
After learning a lesson from the master of confronting people...b a betterperson... walk in there like you're ready to kick ass and bust skulls. You should get some results

Don't take me literally
RiceEater is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome