Closet MOPAR guy? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Closet MOPAR guy?

I got to looking online for some pics of "plum crazy" mopar cars for a friend who had no idea what color that was. I guess he's got an excuse, he's italian.
Anyway, I ran across this:

I pray that chrysler DOESN'T come out with that car...mainly because it's so dang BEAUTIFUL!!! There's literally nothing about that car I don't like.
Now, for the record, that guy draws cars and other animations for a living, but he HAS had an art car noticed and produced by ford, so it proves that the big three are paying attention to him.
His art is pretty impressive...here's a link to the rest of the cars he's got on his site.
http://www.creatingthelie.com/auto_design.htm
I'm not a closet mopar guy I guess, but with a proper engine, some of those new mopar cars could put GM in serious trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 11:46 AM

DANG, Now that's sexy! :sexy:

"Sheila" 1/322
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 11:49 AM

That car would have to be named:

THE PURPLE PEOPLE EATER
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

They can name it whatever they want...even "purple twinkle toed sissy" and people would be standing in line to get one.
Same with this:

Stuff a 450+ hp hemi in that thing and I'm SOLD.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 12:07 PM

I agree that the possibly-upcoming Challenger looks great, and in plum crazy, is a pretty sexy machine.

But then again, I don't have a favorite brand so much. I like muscle machines, and V8/RWD vehicles, so I appreciate them all, whether it is GM, Chrylser, or Ford. If it were the 60s, where cars like this were more plentiful, I may develop a brand loyalty, but since there are still very few musclemobiles produced, I'll take what comes out.

But that aside, the original Barracuda and Challenger are cars I'm particularly partial to, so this Challenger looks very sweet.

06 IBM/blue M6 18"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 12:46 PM

Man!!! Either car has me going WOW!!!! GM needs to work on it's design! I've always been a believer in form follows function, but if they can design a car like that and have it perform and drive like it should, there is no reason GM can't do the same.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Ok, one more, just for good measure.

I just cannot get enough of these cars. They're sexy and muscular at the same time. The camaro is nice, but it's really not much of anything compared to these cars. Perfect lines, perfect tire/wheel size, nice colors, there is NOTHING I would change about these cars (assuming they come out with a 450+ hp hemi). I also think it'll be good for muscle cars in general if chrysler begins releasing these things. Mainly because it'll force GM/Ford to bring new, exciting things to the table....new, exciting, FAST things with that familiar muscle-car rumble and eyeball-flattening torque.
BRING ON THE MUSCLE CARS!!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 03:22 PM

Stop, you're all killing me. I want them all, in every color, and every transmission type, then, a second set for mod purposes. While I'm at it, I'll take track in my yard too. Yeah, life would be good.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 04:32 PM

Very cool. The Challenger has more bits from the 1970 car on it -- like the raised DODGE letters on the hood and the Challenger in script on the side.

The Cudas are a nice blend between the 1970 and 1971 versions. The Vitamin C orange one has a 1970 taillight insert plus the 1971 grille and fender gills. Don't like the hood on the black one at all -- but that's solved with a shaker scoop.

Really fun to look at. THANK YOU for posting it.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

You're very welcome.

I have a feeling that the next decade is going to be very interesting for us muscle car folks. With the introduction of the Challenger, Camaro and then the re-introduction of the GTO, it should be a lot of fun. We haven't seen horsepower wars like this since the 1960s. Commercials I see now are about how many horsepower a car has instead of focusing entirely on mileage...which is how they've been for quite a few years now. When Detroit turned off the horsepower spigot off in the early 70s, muscle car fans were left with nothing. In the 80s we had the turbo buicks (hmm, sorta), then in the 90s, we had the various Trans Ams and Camaros to hold us over until the reintroduction of the GTO. Now, the big three are turning it back on. It's been a while since you could buy a 400+ horsepower vehicle from the factory, and NEVER have you been able to buy one that still gets 20+ miles per gallon. We're lucky people.
(Bring back the big blocks pleeease)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in