www.gtoaa.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pretty cool Judge.

I've seen Vettes and of late, many Chargers which are very cool as cop cars.

Miss seeing the old SS Caprices-they had a mean look as well.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
But as if this weren't sneaky enough, some agencies drive the Ford Mustang. This particular high-performance GT V-8 muscle car patrols...
lmaonade - I guess 315 horsepower is "high performance", though it beats the 280 or 290 of the Crown Vic.

Honestly, I thought these were obvious. Not seen any Mustangs here in WI, but Impalas (both previous & current gen), Crown Vics, and Chargers are all you see here. They try to be sneaky by even putting on civilian plates, but they've always got one of those dead giveaways, most especially the lights in the window.

In all seriousness, if it wasn't for police radio, the GTO would be an absolutely fantastic getaway car.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
On the way back from Saratoga Springs NY and while still in NY, from the 2008 GTOAA convention I noticed a gray Charger with black trim racing towards me in the passing lane. I could just tell it was an unmarked car, as he neared I noticed (thru my rear view mirror) his radar etc on the dash. As he attempts to pass me I see the patch on his right arm, he slows so his rear door is even with my front bumper, he hangs with me a good 15 seconds or so then speeds off at warp speed then disappears. I was doing about 70 in a 65.

The guy was baiting me. They wouldn't do that, would they?

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 06:23 AM

I would have thought he was pacing you but baiting someone is pretty lowdown if you ask me...
Bill

**QSM/RH/A4/17**1 of 52**
Like what you've got?...Thank a Vet!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JUDGE View Post
On the way back from Saratoga Springs NY and while still in NY, from the 2008 GTOAA convention I noticed a gray Charger with black trim racing towards me in the passing lane. I could just tell it was an unmarked car, as he neared I noticed (thru my rear view mirror) his radar etc on the dash. As he attempts to pass me I see the patch on his right arm, he slows so his rear door is even with my front bumper, he hangs with me a good 15 seconds or so then speeds off at warp speed then disappears. I was doing about 70 in a 65.

The guy was baiting me. They wouldn't do that, would they?
Shoulda followed him. I've never had a cop give me crap for going 90+ when they're leading the way.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Dan View Post
Shoulda followed him. I've never had a cop give me crap for going 90+ when they're leading the way.
If I would have followed him at the speed he was going I would have been nailed for sure. You never had a cop give a crap when you do this? You make a habit of this? If a cop didn't give a crap for you following him at 90+ he was en route to an emergency or something. Sooner or later your luck will run out.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 10:16 AM

Well I don't understand what the beef would be... if they're in front of you speeding, without their lights & siren on, then they're breaking the law and "endangering the safety of others" just as much you are. The dashcam would prove that in court if they got uppity about it. Just because they wear a badge doesn't mean they're above the law, though I'm sure that's the perceived attitude. Leadership by example, if you ask me.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Dan View Post
Well I don't understand what the beef would be... if they're in front of you speeding, without their lights & siren on, then they're breaking the law and "endangering the safety of others" just as much you are. The dashcam would prove that in court if they got uppity about it. Just because they wear a badge doesn't mean they're above the law, though I'm sure that's the perceived attitude. Leadership by example, if you ask me.
Speeding is speeding. Breaking the law is breaking the law. Just because someone else is doing it doesn't give you the right to do it, especially if it's a cop.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 03:03 PM

I guess. I'm not too worried about it, honestly. I'm fully aware of the potential consequences, since I was incredibly irresponsible in my teenage years with speed & power. I didn't buy a GTO to just do the speed limit, and indeed, there is a time and place for fun. I just personally believe that a cop zooming down the interstate (obviously in a low traffic environment) at some blatantly illegal speed is one of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in