LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
To ding or not to ding?

I just noticed about a 1 inch long door ding on my left fender about 5 inches above the GTO badge WTF!!! Are people so f'd up that they are so careless when it comes to avoiding hitting someone's ride? I try my best not to do that. I give myself ample space between cars when I park. If it's windy outside I make sure I hold my door to keep it from flying open. Is there a door ding or accident curse out there for those who purchase new cars? My front bumper and mirrors are constantly getting pounded by sh!t flying off of cars and trucks. I don't think that all my cars combined have been hit as much as my goat. And the only reason I'm cool about this is because I know that there is nothing that I can do about morons causing door dings and I know I can't avaoid it. I know of people who have parked their cars out in the middle of nowhere but idiots have still keyed their car. My goat is gonna have more dimples than a golf ball by the time my first set of tires are replaced.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6QTS11OZ
I just noticed about a 1 inch long door ding on my left fender about 5 inches above the GTO badge WTF!!! Are people so f'd up that they are so careless when it comes to avoiding hitting someone's ride? I try my best not to do that. I give myself ample space between cars when I park. If it's windy outside I make sure I hold my door to keep it from flying open. Is there a door ding or accident curse out there for those who purchase new cars? My front bumper and mirrors are constantly getting pounded by sh!t flying off of cars and trucks. I don't think that all my cars combined have been hit as much as my goat. And the only reason I'm cool about this is because I know that there is nothing that I can do about morons causing door dings and I know I can't avaoid it. I know of people who have parked their cars out in the middle of nowhere but idiots have still keyed their car. My goat is gonna have more dimples than a golf ball by the time my first set of tires are replaced.
I feel your pain....but I have found a solution that works great. Call your local Dent Wizard office. They will send a guy right to your house, pull the dent/ding and when they are done, it's like it was never there. Good company.

2005 GTO
PBM, RI, A4 with 18" wheels
One of 68

78 Trans Am
46,000 miles, BBC 402
4 speed
Custom automotive photography services available.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 11:57 AM

I work for Dent Wizard. Just call 1-800-DENT-WIZ. It will be about $100.00. If I were closer I would do it for you....sorry. You should see what I see day to day. Some people have no respect for nice stuff. Good luck.Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	174

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	175
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks PHOTOGOAT and Aussie Beast I will give them a call.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 10:06 AM

Getting A Door Ding Is Akin To Being Violated! Just Once In My Life I Would Love To Catch The Moron In The Act!

The Dent Wizard Is For Sure The Way To Go! If I Get Dinged Now, I Am Not Upset Because I Know, As Long As The Paint Is Not Broken, It Can Be Fixed.

But, I'll Go You One Better. Had My '05 For Less Than A Month When It Was Hit In The Right Rear Quarter Panel By A Bb!!!

$750 Later And It Is Good As New! So, A Door Ding....nuthin'!!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 10:57 AM

I noticed my first (and LAST!) ding. I was installing a strut tower brace, 1-4 shift Fix, and CAI on Saturday when I caught it a just the right angle. It's very hard to see, but I saw it!!! Passenger side door, right on the sweet spot!

I think it happened at work OF ALL PLACES!!!

But my MOD's are Sweet!

Spice Red 06
11/05 build
VolantCAI
IXiridium Plugs, 10.4 Taylor
GMM
Pedders StreetII+ (1/2" drop)
Hotchkins Swaybars
Full AMSOIL & RP
JBA Shorties/Cats
MagnaFlow w/Xpipe

soon: DBA 4k XS Rotors, RedStuff
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 11:07 PM

I'll tell ya little story!!

Before the Goat we had a GTP, we had picked up my husbands uncle who is now 86 to take him out to eat. Okay this was about 3 years ago, we park the car and while we're sitting there a car pulls in next to us and this girl gets out looks to be in her mid 20's.

Anyway when she gets out her car bangs our car and she's lookin' to see if there is any damage, no damage. About this time Unc whips open his car door and proceeds to give this girl absolute hell right on the spot!! Tells her how irresponsible she is she should watch what she is doing and only an idiot would be so careless.

Needless to say, we were just slighlty embarrassed, but did not apologize for him either. Way to go Unc!!! I honestly don't know what would have happened had she actually dinged the car we had to calm him down as it was and it was our car not even his!! It was actaully quite hysterical!!

Nothing like havin' an 86 year old pit bull in the car!!

Monica
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto_lady04
I'll tell ya little story!!

Before the Goat we had a GTP, we had picked up my husbands uncle who is now 86 to take him out to eat. Okay this was about 3 years ago, we park the car and while we're sitting there a car pulls in next to us and this girl gets out looks to be in her mid 20's.

Anyway when she gets out her car bangs our car and she's lookin' to see if there is any damage, no damage. About this time Unc whips open his car door and proceeds to give this girl absolute hell right on the spot!! Tells her how irresponsible she is she should watch what she is doing and only an idiot would be so careless.

Needless to say, we were just slighlty embarrassed, but did not apologize for him either. Way to go Unc!!! I honestly don't know what would have happened had she actually dinged the car we had to calm him down as it was and it was our car not even his!! It was actaully quite hysterical!!

Nothing like havin' an 86 year old pit bull in the car!!

Monica
Unc is my new hero
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6QTS11OZ
Thanks PHOTOGOAT and Aussie Beast I will give them a call.

To their credit, I would MUCH rather have a door ding than a scratch. When my insurance totaled my car for hail (not a GTO), I kept it and they gave me $2200. I then went to someone locally (who does the same type of dent removal work as above) and $400 later, there wasn't a dent in sight. Amazing.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 02:46 AM

This is totally off the subject, but some knowledge one of my X wives passed onto me that stuck.
It seems that whenever you are in an accident, not your fault of course, but the other persons insurance company is required to give you a check for the depreciated value of your now wrecked/dinged/scratched car. This is something that most people don't know and NO insurance company is going to divuldge.

My Grand-Am was hit while the X was driving it, and after all the repairs and such, I received a $1500 check..... Not much for all the BS but still it is more than I started with.

Some food for thought, hope this helps someone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in