Drag Racing Ticket - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Drag Racing Ticket

My boss has a 2000 Camaro Z28 SS. It's got heads and cam, intake, headers, hi flow cats, and an SLP Loudmouth. He also has 4.10 gears. The car is really loud and with the 4.10's it scrams real quick in 1st.

He was on his way to work this morning. his radar detector had been going off like crazy, so he was running pretty close to the speed limit. He got stopped at a traffic light and was turning left. The intersection had 2 left turn lanes and a Chevy Silverado 4dr Z71 was beside him.

They both turned left onto a 6 lane hwy that has a 50 mph speed limit. They took off a little quick, but not anything you would call racing. The truck got ahead of him, he shifted out of 1st at around 3000-3500. He shifted from second at 2500-3000, and made 3rd and 4th at about 2500. He went from 4th to 6th gear and began to cruise at 55 in a 50mph zone.

About a half mile down the road he saw a couple of cop cars with lights and sirens coming up on him at a real high rate of speed. He moved over behind the pick up to give them both lanes to go by. 1 cop car dives in front of him and one dives in front of the pick-up, stopping them both.

Well as you guessed he got cited for drag racing. The cop told him he was clocked going 95 mph. He asked to see the radar gun and the cop said well maybe it wasn't 95, but it was really fast. He said he hadn't gotten above 55 and wasn't drag racing. Cop didn't hear anything of it. He needs to appear in court on Jan 8th. Wish him luck.

The thing that has him the angriest is, this is one of the times he legitimately wasn't doing anything wrong. The cop must have heard the loud exhaust. I'm thinking he is going to have a tough fight since there were two cops in two cars that saw them take off.

In Florida there is jail time, loss of license, fines and they can take your car for street racing if he gets convicted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 07:36 PM

post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It must be "quota time" for the swines. The reason I say that is because what you speak of here is obviously BS (if indeed it went down like that). When the cop back peddled when asked to see the radar proves that this is a bogus ticket. I would have demanded to see the radar. I would have went as far as to take a picture of the radar reading with my camera phone to have as evidence if it didn't show the same mph that was written on the ticket. What a crock!!

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 09:37 PM

That's about 15 ways jacked up! What kind of proof do the cops have that they were racing? Any skid marks? I'm betting (and hoping) they can both beat this one.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 09:39 PM

Thought you got popped in your Vette there for a second, FF. As you well know, that's how traffic enforcement works. Banana republic kangaroo "guilty until proven innocent" crap.

Seriously, I wouldn't worry too much about this. It will be expensive, though. Just tell your boss to spend the money and get a good attorney. You'll be amazed at how much crap they can throw out.

For starters, if the police cars have video recorders -- then have them bring the tapes in. You can have an analysis of the speed if the cars are in view. That is solid proof right there that the charge is BS.

Keep us posted. Curious to find out how this winds up.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 09:45 PM

With the link above, I beat my ticket for 95 in a 45. Verry easy to get any case involving, radar, laser, or pacing, dismised.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 10:32 PM

They just want your money.

Like when I was stopped for no tag, was in grace period was ticketed and beat that. Also got hit for no insurnance had insurance brought papers to court 3 times still had to pay it,
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 09:58 AM

Hey Fergy, were you there to witness all of this? Just remember, you are only hearing one side of the story.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 10:56 AM

Just a quick thought. Why did he decide to race at all, even if it was not hard acceleration, with his radar detector going off like crazy just a mile or so earlier?!?!?!
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaGTO View Post
Hey Fergy, were you there to witness all of this? Just remember, you are only hearing one side of the story.
I'm hearing one side of the story from the person I know. He's the type of guy that would accept everything, including getting his car taken away, if he was guilty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in