User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Global Warming Why I think it's false

I got most of this from http://boortz.com/nuze/200702/02022007.html

-The United Nations is anti American and Anti Capitalist. I don't trust them.

- After the fall of Communism in the Soviet Union, most of the anti-Capitalists moved over to enviromentalism as a way of being anti-free enterprise. Their goal is to remove property rights. This also dove tails nicely with the anti Capitalist movement of the UN.

- The sun is warmer. No one takes the suns output into consideration for their global warming model. Without that the results are flawed.

-The polar ice caps on Mars are melting. How did we cause global warming on Mars.

-It was warmer in 1930 than it is right now.

- These same scientists were warning us in the 60's and 70's about global cooling.

- In the last 100 years the earth has warmed up 1 degree. Our instruments are more accurate now so there is a margin of error that might be plus or minus .75 degrees. Most of the reported warming is in places other than the US. In the US our average temperature increase is only .3 degrees.

- The Kyoto Protocal ignores two of the largest polluters, India and China. It also gives Russia the ability to sell CO2 credits. If it was really an end of the earth scenario do you think the UN would say well we have to let some people pollute more than others?

- The scientists that preach global warming are beholden to grant money. No global warming equals a cold winter for those people.

-What has happened to the Medieval Warm period? In 1996 the UN issued a chart showing climatic change over the last 1000 years. This chart showed a period that was warmer than now. In 2001 the chart was changed with no warming period.

- They have found dinosaur bones in Alaska, Canada and the Siberian. Remeber, dinosaurs are cold blooded like Alligators. That means at another time Canada, Alaska and the Siberian were warm enough for cold blooded animals to live there.

-Even as the Artic ice cap melts, the Antartic ice cap is getting thicker, not larger but thicker. This reverses a trend that is 6000 years old.

-There are [B]160,000 glaciers[B] in the world. Most have never been visited by man or measured by man. Most are growing.

-Rising sea levels have been happening since the end of the last ice age some 6000 plus years ago. It has risen some 300 feet.

-over the past 3000 years there have been 5 EXTENDED periods that have been warmer than now.

-Over the last 20 years global temperatures have decreased.

All of the global warming proponents forget to mention that of the total greenhouse effect 98% is from water vapor. Only 2% comes from gases. Of that 2 percent, the amount man is responsible for is between 3 percent and 50 percent depending on who you talk to. That means using the worst case scenario, man is responsible for 1 percent of the atmospheres total ability to retain heat. More likely it is somewhere in the middle.

Sorry the sun is the culprit. See the line on global warming on Mars for proof.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 07:09 PM

Check out State of Fear from Michael Chricton if you haven't already. Great novel based on a lot of the facts you have posted above. It really made me begin to question a lot of things that everyone accepts as fact.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 08:03 PM

those are some great facts, and i believe everyone of em. I've been trying to tell people about some those facts for a long time now, but unfortunately a lot of the population is brainwashed
post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn1c02 View Post
Check out State of Fear from Michael Chricton if you haven't already.
Beat me to the punch. Great read.

I am really getting sick and tired of hearing about global warming. Every friggin' day, for what? Will I be able to fill my GTO with hydrogen? Flip on a power switch and know the power is coming from reconstituted cow flop? Nope. So what the hell's the point other than media hype or guilt by a bunch of Birkenstock wearing, granola eating knuckleheads that happen to work the news desks at every major media outlet?
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 01:42 AM

How dare you confuse people with facts!

Here's a good read.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion...re-green_x.htm
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Great information....

Al Gore, wrong???????? He just can't be.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
I got most of this from http://boortz.com/nuze/200702/02022007.html

- After the fall of Communism in the Soviet Union, most of the anti-Capitalists moved over to enviromentalism as a way of being anti-free enterprise. Their goal is to remove property rights. This also dove tails nicely with the anti Capitalist movement of the UN.

- The sun is warmer. No one takes the suns output into consideration for their global warming model. Without that the results are flawed.

-The polar ice caps on Mars are melting. How did we cause global warming on Mars.

- These same scientists were warning us in the 60's and 70's about global cooling.

- In the last 100 years the earth has warmed up 1 degree. Our instruments are more accurate now so there is a margin of error that might be plus or minus .75 degrees. Most of the reported warming is in places other than the US. In the US our average temperature increase is only .3 degrees.

- The Kyoto Protocal ignores two of the largest polluters, India and China. It also gives Russia the ability to sell CO2 credits. If it was really an end of the earth scenario do you think the UN would say well we have to let some people pollute more than others?

- The scientists that preach global warming are beholden to grant money. No global warming equals a cold winter for those people.

-What has happened to the Medieval Warm period? In 1996 the UN issued a chart showing climatic change over the last 1000 years. This chart showed a period that was warmer than now. In 2001 the chart was changed with no warming period.

- They have found dinosaur bones in Alaska, Canada and the Siberian. Remeber, dinosaurs are cold blooded like Alligators. That means at another time Canada, Alaska and the Siberian were warm enough for cold blooded animals to live there.

-Even as the Artic ice cap melts, the Antartic ice cap is getting thicker, not larger but thicker. This reverses a trend that is 6000 years old.

-There are [B]160,000 glaciers[B] in the world. Most have never been visited by man or measured by man. Most are growing.

-Rising sea levels have been happening since the end of the last ice age some 6000 plus years ago. It has risen some 300 feet.

-over the past 3000 years there have been 5 EXTENDED periods that have been warmer than now.

All of the global warming proponents forget to mention that of the total greenhouse effect 98% is from water vapor. Only 2% comes from gases. Of that 2 percent, the amount man is responsible for is between 3 percent and 50 percent depending on who you talk to. That means using the worst case scenario, man is responsible for 1 percent of the atmospheres total ability to retain heat. More likely it is somewhere in the middle.

Sorry the sun is the culprit. See the line on global warming on Mars for proof.
This is perhaps the most ignorant post i've ever seen......
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhat_Broken View Post
This is perhaps the most ignorant post i've ever seen......
Why?

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 10:23 AM

*Has nothing to do with it.

*Politics has nothing to do with the facts that global warming is real, period.

*Neal Boortz isn't an expert in the science of global warming. He is a person with a personal agenda to get ratings.....

* Not the same thing,

*Not as a yearly average, and your points of fact are very narrow and while may hold merit are not the whole story.

*Not the same people,

*this is an incorrect assumption, not fact, and not true. Using many other various means of measurement, all have come to the same conclusions, global warming is real.

*The UN is a useless body... The Kyoto Protocol is a great start, that the US should have jumped on, but instead was very imature and instead acted like a little kid in saying, "if he's not doing it i'm not doing it either." China should have joined, but they didn't. That said the US is still the largest problem by far.....and we are not part of it...

*BS, when the person that is in charge of global warming for the white house works for exxon and that is ok, what the hell are you thinking?

*I have never seen the chart you speak of, BUT I have seen a chart that shown from about 500AD to 1200-1300AD the earth was warmer than normal. But this was theorized that it had to do with an asteroid or volcano (it's been a while so i'm not very clear on it) and that was also why the technology stopped progressing, as well as population.

*Climate shift, Possible polar shift, there are tons of reasons that would allow that, same wasy that fossils of fish are found at the top of the rocky mountains.......(unless your going to tell me that fish were flying...)

*Not true,

*Prove it with someone other than a political hack.

*Sea levels have changed over time, this is not anything that has been disputed, 300 feet i think is pushing it.

*BS, not true

*BS, not true

*BS, not true

Sorry the sun is the culprit. See the line on global warming on Mars for proof.[/QUOTE]
*what ever you want to think to make yourself feel better is fine, bottom line is we need to do something before it's too late....Your thinking is on par with people that used to think the earth was flat, or people that thought if you dumped pollution in to the rivers that it would just go away.....

WAKE UP
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 10:49 AM

Many people don't listen to the church of the painful truth. Washington has to many liberal special interest democrats anyway.

Last edited by aintmisbehavinn; 02-04-2007 at 10:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in