got a 02 civic, what can i do without lookin ricer - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
got a 02 civic, what can i do without lookin ricer

i got a red 2002 civic coupe, not my first choice per say but its a nice little and was all i could afford.
i want to make it my own tho, i want to make it quick but dont want to spent mad amonts of money either. i want some exhaust, but what would sound low and loud but nice? no fartcans....
ill get some rims, 17's for performance probly.
you guys got any suggestions? every import site i go to try to tell me to get a 4" tip and all kinds of different ricer ****, and i hate that. so i thought id come here and get your guys oppinions.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 08:43 PM

To be honest you don't want 17" wheels if you want performance. get like a nice set of 15" lightweight rims. Well with a civic any exhaust mods you do is gonna be rice. Throw a little bit of nitrous on it like a 50 shot, Then cut any fat off of it you can.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

ill probly go down to 16" rims, i want performance but 15's are a little small.
by ricer, i meant that i dont want to just go to autozone and buy a fat ass muffler lol
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 12:34 AM

Lower it, put on some 16" or 17" Volks, Advans, Work wheels, go w/ a Greddy, HKS, or other high qual exhaust system, and there you go. If you really want unique, but also clean and non-ricer, go w/ some Mugen or Spoon aftermarket parts. Those two are the sh!t when it comes to Hondas.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 03:57 AM

get a gto
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 08:46 AM

If you want to make it quick you should use nitrous, especially if you dont want to use lots of money. There are body kits for the civic that don't look ricer at all. You just have to search for them. But most importantly, have fun racing your civic against schwick 10 speeds.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOFEVR View Post
get a gto
i will one day lol, ill be able to afford it when the new ones come out, 2010 right?

yeah i want this car to go quick but i want to stay as far away from rice as possible
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 12:08 PM

5Zigen Fireball exhaust doesn't sound like a fartcan, I had this exhaust on my old 99 Civic Si.

Also get some brand of intake (AEM, K&N, Injen ect). As far as wheels go. Try Discount Tire online or Tire Rack. Their websites will let you see what your car will look like with any of the rims they have in stock that will fit your honda (4x100 Lug Pattern). If you want high end JDM (Japaneese Domestic Market) wheels check out JPHUSA.com

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T PUT ANY GAY @SS GRAFFIX ON YOUR STOCK CAR!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 01:39 PM

It depends what kind of setup you are looking for. Obviously do the suspension. Go with wheels too.... 17's would be good for handling/top speed (stiffer sidewall) where as 16's would be better for your acceleration (softer sidewalls will allow flex, stiffer will just break loose). For engine you can do your standard header, high flow cat, straight pipe w/ maybe a fart can and couple that with an intake and a P&P head. In all honesty though you aren't going to be seeing a huge gain.

For 4-cylinder the best bet is to go FI. Go with a turbo since there is less parasystic loss associated with it. I wish I had gone that route when I had the chance. You can do forged internals for fairly cheap on a Honda... I know I had a Saturn and looked at your guys' stuff and wished ours was the same cost. You can put together a turbo system yourself with research and buying used parts for <$5k and it'll function better than most aftermarket systems as you can tailer it to how you want it to run. A good size would probably be a Super 60 turbo. It won't come in too early, but it won't die on the top end either. That would allow you to run 8psi (which is most likely safe... it was on a saturn 1.9) then if you got forged internals you could bump it up more. Not crazy mroe though or it will be in its inefficient range. You'll have to check out some compressor maps, but that's just a general "may work for you" setup.

Here was one of my projects. '95 Saturn SW2 with Powerdyne Supercharger.
Crower Rods
JE Pistons (9.5:1 compression)
FMIC
OBX Header into high flow cat then 2.5" exhaust and a fart can
16" Rota Subzero Bronze wheels (loved them and traded my last car in with them on it '04 Ion 2)
KYB G-2 Struts with H&R Sport Springs

I was doing an initial 500 mile breakin before hooking up the supercharger (didn't have it belted or plumbed in these pics... did have a belt on it for a little to hear it). The machine shop that did my bottom end messed my clearances up on the pistons-wall or the shop that planed the bottom of the head did it curved. The pistons hit the valves. I ended up peicing the motor and performance parts out and selling hte car to a buddy w/out an engine. I still kind of miss it. Just because of all the time I spent working on it. Loved that car for the short time I had it.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 02:37 PM

Man, the best thing to do is sell it, lol. Really though there's no exhaust system that is going to take away all the buzzy high pitched sound. I had loud exhaust on my Honda and when I got my Sentra Spec V I decided I'd do everything right and go all Nismo, it still sounded like a rice rocket even with high quality parts. I bought fwd imports because at the time that's all I could afford, but there is by no means a good way to make them sound good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in