HELP! Car Accident, Need Advice! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HELP! Car Accident, Need Advice!

So only a week after my apartment burned down I was in a car accident and wrecked my car. My luck has been outragously bad as of late and I had been planning on buying the 06 GTO for 2 months now, but now I'm very concerned about my insurance rates.

I am very likely to be found at fault- I was pulling out of a gas station, looked both ways, saw a car coming from the right, started to pull out making a left a hit a ford explorer that was flying- neither my passenger or I ever saw him coming. He flipped on 2 wheels, almost rolled, turned INTO the roll instead OUT OF it and swerved into a parked nissan altima, 2006, totalled. His car was a 96 explorer, must be totalled because it has such low value. The nissan looked bad, pulverized rear driver side quarter. My 97 Caddy STS lost its face, no more front bumper, lights, hood, etc. but still runs fine, not structural damage, still probably totalled because of the price of Caddy replacement parts. No one was hurt thank god, but this happened in Massachusetts where apparently the guy pulling out is at fault unless you can prove that you weren't- slim chance of that.

Have any of you had a similar major accident that you were found at fault for? What happened to your rates? I was paying $800/yr for insurance on the Caddy, I know the GTO would jack that up regardless, but with this costly accident how feasible is it at this point? Do you think they would even cover it? This is the first claim on policy, but I'm guessing it's gonna be a big one.

Any advice would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 10:58 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Justice
First if it was you two, and the explorer is alone, you've got numbers on your side there. Second you need to figure out if he was actually speeding. If he was, the insurance company can adjust a percentage of the fault towards him. (Assuming it was a "him"). Lastly, I pay $1100 every 6 months For 2 Vehicles, so $800 a year is awesome in my opinion.. I'm 33 married, perfect driving record up until a few months ago, but that accident won't affect me until my policy renewal come July.

"Some people are like slinky's. They really have no useful purpose, but they can still put a smile on your face when you push them down stairs."
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice View Post
First if it was you two, and the explorer is alone, you've got numbers on your side there. Second you need to figure out if he was actually speeding. If he was, the insurance company can adjust a percentage of the fault towards him. (Assuming it was a "him"). Lastly, I pay $1100 every 6 months For 2 Vehicles, so $800 a year is awesome in my opinion.. I'm 33 married, perfect driving record up until a few months ago, but that accident won't affect me until my policy renewal come July.
Wo wait a second, I'm pretty sure my policy is March to March, this happened this saturday... so I could be totally fine for a year! I could still get my GTO! or maybe not, but you improved my day anyway thanks.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Yep I just heard that my car is totalled, which is probably a good thing I guess but we'll see how it turns out. Does anyone have any information on Massachusetts total loss claims? The insurance guy confused the hell out of me, so any incite would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in