Horsepower Withdrawal - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Horsepower Withdrawal

I'm halfway through my second week in Jackson Hole, WY, with another week and a half to go, and all I've had to drive is a Toyota Avalon and a Dodge Neon.

This is killing me!

2004 Pulse Red GTO M6 - New Era CAI, TB Bypass, CAGS, Custom Split Exhaust, SLP Sway Bar & Bushings, BMR Strut Brace, HID, Sans Spoiler, Sirius

2002 Quicksilver Z06 - A Few Upgrades

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 05:08 PM

I can relate to the gto withdrawals, not so much with the vette withdrawals, been in my rental for a little over 3 weeks I think(1st time I was in the rental was for 28 days), can't wait to buy another goat.

I really wish I could set my rental, 4dr chevy colorado on fire, or take a sledgehammer to it, or drive it into the delta(river system throughout my area)

I've been self medicating pretty heavily the last few months so I have lost all concept of time and now I am beginning to lose my grasp on reality. I've been waking up screaming and I kick my cat for no reason at all... God I need my GTO or some more meds...
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 08:19 AM

What are you doing up in Jackson Hole? I grew up in Wyoming and miss living there!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

I'm up here on business, but I've managed to have a little fun while I'm at it: Hiking; White Water Rafting; Horseback if I can find the time. Jackson is a great place, I just wish I had either of my cars here.

I'm am not looking foreward to going back to the turkish sauna that is the Gulf Coast: It took me all of 5 minutes to get used to the cooler temperatures and low humidity.
Not sure I'd like the winters here, though.

2004 Pulse Red GTO M6 - New Era CAI, TB Bypass, CAGS, Custom Split Exhaust, SLP Sway Bar & Bushings, BMR Strut Brace, HID, Sans Spoiler, Sirius

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Whats worse, I'll have about 5 days home and then have to go to New York for a couple of weeks and won't have anything to drive.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 08:33 PM

Are you doing any ski'ing while up there? Unless I'm mistaken Jackson Hole already has a good snow base on the mountains. I'd love to be snowboarding right now
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 06:44 AM

Aww come on!!! The winters are great!! But then again I love the cold weather! You can get used to the summers there real quick. I'm just outside of St Louis and I don't have the humidity you have on the Gulf Coast, but it gets to humid here for my liking.

Its to bad you don't have your goat! I've driven through the Big Horn mountain ranges on the East side of the state several times in my 96 WS6 I used to have, that was fun!!! Problem is certain times of year there is a lot of traffic... getting stuck behind a convoy of motor homes is painfull!!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceEater
Are you doing any ski'ing while up there? Unless I'm mistaken Jackson Hole already has a good snow base on the mountains. I'd love to be snowboarding right now
Actually, there isn't any snow at all (except on the very top of the Tetons). Temps during the day in the 70's and lows 35-40 at night.
I've been hiking the ski mountains (Snow King and Rendevous).
According to the locals, the skiing really starts in November.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdan
I'm halfway through my second week in Jackson Hole, WY, with another week and a half to go, and all I've had to drive is a Toyota Avalon and a Dodge Neon.

This is killing me!
i almost drove my mercury sable headon in to traffic just to stop the pain when i was in a rental for two weeks.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04gtolover
i almost drove my mercury sable headon in to traffic just to stop the pain when i was in a rental for two weeks.
I rented a Dodge Magnum SXT for a few days while I had my van in the shop. It had the V6 (3.5 I believe) and its RWD. You know, that car is such a plastic piece of garbage on the interior I couldnt believe it. Perfect for a fleet vehicle. It was however fun to drive, and though it didnt have near the power of the goat, if I turned off the traction control I could get the a$$ end to swing out in a nice smoke filled arc while performing a boulevard turn. Enough fun to divert my attention away from looking at the dash. If you have your choice in rentals, try one of these out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in