I'm Saddam glad that's over!!! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm Saddam glad that's over!!!

Can't believe I'm the first one to post on the passing of the Butcher of Baghdad last night.

A moment of smirking please....

OK that's enough. Hope he finds a few thousand angry victims waiting for him in the promised land. I'm thinking 20 Kurdish virgins would know what to do with him for eternity.

Sadly, his death will likely not hasten our withdrawal from Iraq. There will no doubt be the momentary last hurrah from Baath party loyalists. And then, the brotherhood if Islam will get back to killing one another in earnest.

Would these jokers even notice if we quietly slipped away?

Seriously, I hope this is a small step forward for the average Iraqi who just wants to fall in love, raise a family, and have a decent life. Unfortunately, Saddam was only a symptom of a much much larger problem in these wannabe theocracies run by zealots who are certain they know exactly how you should live your life.

I'll say it again....the single greatest idea embedded in our constitution is separation of church and state. Our forefathers were witness to hundreds of years of religious persecution in Europe.....and they paid attention!!!

Last edited by Wing_Nut; 12-30-2006 at 08:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing_Nut View Post
Can't believe I'm the first one to post on the passing of the Butcher of Baghdad last night.

OK that's enough. Hope he finds a few thousand angry victims waiting for him in the promised land. I'm thinking 20 Kurdish virgins would know what to do with him for eternity.

Sadly, his death will likely not hasten our withdrawal from Iraq. Their will no doubt be the momentary last hurrah from Baath party loyalists. And then, the brotherhood if Islam will get back to killing one another in earnest.

Seriously, I hope this is a small step forward for the average Iraqi who just wants to fall in love, raise a family, and have a decent life. Unfortunately, Saddam was only a symptom of a much much larger problem in these wannabe theocracies run by zealots who are certain they know exactly how you should live your life.

I'll say it again....the single greatest idea embedded in our constitution is separation of church and state. Our forefathers were witness to hundreds of years of religious persecution in Europe.....and they paid attention!!!

I wonder why Al Sharpton didn't deliver The Butcher of Baghdad's eulogy.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 08:52 PM

Quote:

Sadly, his death will likely not hasten our withdrawal from Iraq. There will no doubt be the momentary last hurrah from Baath party loyalists. And then, the brotherhood if Islam will get back to killing one another in earnest.

Amen to that! It is the greatest document ever written. Brilliant beyond all imagination. Too bad we step all over it.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 09:28 PM

Quote:

I agree, in theory. The fact is though that this country was founded on Christian principles, yet we can not have prayer in schools because it may offend a Buddhist, some other towel head, atheists, you get the idea.

It's such a paradox. Our currency states "In God We Trust" yet we don't.

Now, don't get the idea I'm a bible thumper. Just grew up in a time that had religious education in public schools, the kids could carry jack knives to school, and we never, ever had kids shooting kids.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noz34me View Post
I agree, in theory. The fact is though that this country was founded on Christian principles, yet we can not have prayer in schools because it may offend a Buddhist, some other towel head, atheists, you get the idea.

It's such a paradox. Our currency states "In God We Trust" yet we don't.

Now, don't get the idea I'm a bible thumper. Just grew up in a time that had religious education in public schools, the kids could carry jack knives to school, and we never, ever had kids shooting kids.
I hear ya. There's nothing wrong with the concept of (any) religion or the values they can teach. It's the greedy power hungry people who hijack it to further their own goals that the constitution aims to protect us from. Where there is power, there is danger. We can vote our politicians out of office under the constitution. It's much harder to get rid of a King, a deity, or the deity's self-proclaimed mouthpiece. And zealots don't generally leave much room for dissenting opinions or intellectual discourse.

Like you, I am an old(er) fart. My father and grandfather were cabinetmakers and finish carpenters. I've carried a pocket knife since I was eight years old. I was taught to hone it by hand until you could shave the hair off your forearm like a razor. I use it every day and it never once occured to me to stab someone with it. It feels weird when I have to travel and put it in checked baggage or leave it at home. But, such is the world we live in.

There were kids shooting kids in my day but they were poor, black, and living in urban ghettos. With little hope for a better future and no way to make a living, it's easy to see where that violence came from. Now, we have a completely new breed of morally bankrupt youth. The well to do suburban white kids who carefully plan out attacks with automatic weapons on innocent people. Definitely a step back. In a couple hundred years, we may qualify for citizenship in the middle east.

Last edited by Wing_Nut; 12-30-2006 at 10:37 PM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 10:55 PM

For all you hardcore folks here is a link to some footage of the entire
hanging. Word of caution, it's the real thing so don't watch it if
you think you can't handle it. Quality is not the best. Surely someone
had a nice video camera at that event you would think!

http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126125

http://www.break.com/index/graphic_s...ing_video.html

1 of 370 Black Metallic/Red/Manual/18"
80U 756 MN6 N87
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPO's GTO View Post
For all you hardcore folks here is a link to some footage of the entire
hanging. Word of caution, it's the real thing so don't watch it if
you think you can't handle it. Quality is not the best. Surely someone
had a nice video camera at that event you would think!

http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126125

http://www.break.com/index/graphic_s...ing_video.html
I'm definitely not hardcore and I usually pass on this kind of thing, but it didn't bother me a bit to watch this. I wish the media would broadcast it for the entire world to see. They sure don't mind airing videos of innocent hostages bound and blindfolded, or videos of Bin Ladin and the like spouting their latest garbage. The filthy bastards who kidnap and behead Americans don't mind showing a video or two of their handiwork either. Hussein deserved a lot worse than what he got. I hope Al Jazeera aired it live.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
AMAZING....... They can operate grenade launchers, machetes, land mines, and other killing devises, with precision but they cannot operate a friggin Video recorder. Just amazing.

In the mideast it's common place to have public beheadings, executions etc. It's used as a deterrent to people who commit crimes. Here we have appeals. Best 1 out of 3 to determine your ultimate fate.

The crime rates over there are so much lower than ours. Barbaric? Perhaps. Does it work? It's been shown to. I've seen just as graphic.... ok, almost as graphic videos on news channels.

Our censorship at times is so extreme. They feel they are shielding people from gross footage. What was censored 30 years ago is expected today. Anything less doesn't sell. Remember in the 60's it was too hardcore to show (on TV) people in the same bed. Example... The Dick Vandyke Show. Always in separate beds. Well, times have changed. In the not so distant future you'll be seeing this on T.V. as common as some of the trash T.V. we have now.

It has to be commercialized first. Rights have to be sold. In the near future you'll be able to get Pay per view, or HBO for executions. Just as soon as money is to be made. Watch and see. Right now we haven't "evolved" to this. But we've evolved to other atrocities. 30 years ago Bullfights were on T.V. they've been outlawed. Once a way is devised to make millions of dollars commercializing this type of "entertainment" the cable companies will have the>>>>>>> Execution Network.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

Last edited by GTO JUDGE; 12-31-2006 at 11:40 AM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 10:42 AM

Good ole American censorship...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO judge View Post
...Once a way is devised to make millions of dollars commercializing this type of "entertainment" the cable companies will have the>>>>>>> Execution Network.
GTO JUDGE & Kegbelly. In Europe, you see nudity on commercials. Especially females, soaps and lotions and things. Breasts, cheeks, nipples, you name it. Children there grow up seeing the naked human body as a think of beauty and normal. God bless the Birthday suit! Also on the news channels, much more graphic than ours. Even routine stuff like wrecks and fires and stuff. You see the real deal. Charred remains, blood pools, whatever. Now I do remember telling my children to close their eyes at times, But it was usually only for war footage from Iraq that was disturbing to me as well.
We live in a hypocritical society..."Shield us from what a real dead person looks like, but Hollywood can show us bodies mutilated everywhich way imaginable, and atrocities unimaginable, with no problem! Just give it an "R" rating (or PG-13) and you're golden. I guess my only point is this, there is only so much 'shielding from the real world' that can be done. I think if our media got into the habit of showing the real results of a headon collision caused by a drunk driver, or violent crime, things might change here a little bit. But as it stands right now, its a fantasy for most Americans. Very few Americans have seen these common occurrences that I mentioned, because the end result is censored from our media. You need to go buy the movie to get the 'rest of the story'. JMHO...And no, I didn't find the video offensive. But I too am a product of our society so I figured I'd post a warning. Do I consider myself 'hardcore'? No. A realist? Yes. Whew...I'm done. Pardon the tangent I went off on. Happy New Year everyone!

1 of 370 Black Metallic/Red/Manual/18"
80U 756 MN6 N87
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 11:59 AM

I saw the cell-phone video of the execution… WHO THE HELL IS RUNNING THINGS OVER THERE?!

My dad had an old saying, “Screwing-up by the numbers”

That’s exactly what’s happening over there… every step of the way is one big cluster****…

Saddam’s death is deserving but how this was handled will most certainly draw Iraq closer to civil war… if not into civil war…

You will see violence and death rise sharply in Iraq after this retarded handling of an execution… Which means more dead US troops… LOTS MORE!

Is this another one of those, “who would’ve thought this would happen?” excuses in Iraq?

It’s called Lack of Foresight… Our jails are filled with idiots like this… These are the types that rack-up huge debt beyond belief… and these are the types that have been running our Iraq policies… Doing things on the fly with no foresight of their actions…

Accountability? Why start now? We’re on a roll!

You would think America is smarter than this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in