Insurance ? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Insurance ?

I put about a 1000 miles a year on my 05 Goat, the Insurance on it cost me more then it would on a 05 C6 Corvette with the same coverage. Don't ask me why, this is what my Insurance company told me. Anyway back to the question, is there any Insurance company's that will insure the Goat on miles driven per year. Now I know of company's that insure exotics and antiques, but not any that do 05 Goat's. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon 32 View Post
I put about a 1000 miles a year on my 05 Goat, the Insurance on it cost me more then it would on a 05 C6 Corvette with the same coverage. Don't ask me why, this is what my Insurance company told me. Anyway back to the question, is there any Insurance company's that will insure the Goat on miles driven per year. Now I know of company's that insure exotics and antiques, but not any that do 05 Goat's. Any and all help would be appreciated.
My insurance company has a reduced rate for vehicles that are driven less than 7 K a year. It is classified as a pleasure vehicle. You have to have another vehicle to declare as the main driver though.

I have a total of 4 vehicles. Only one is listed as the main driver. It's not the GTO either.

Erie Insurance.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon 32 View Post
The average age of a C6 owner is upper 40's. Most old farts don't drive in a risky manor. That gives it a huge insurance advantage. I've heard that insurance for C4 Corvette's is really starting to jump. It's almost and in some cases more than the C6. Go figure.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 12:15 PM

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
The average age of a C6 owner is upper 40's. Most old farts don't drive in a risky manor. That gives it a huge insurance advantage. I've heard that insurance for C4 Corvette's is really starting to jump. It's almost and in some cases more than the C6. Go figure.
If what you say is true about the age of the owners then that most likely would indicate that the C4 Corvettes are making their way into the hands of the younger generation that tend to drive like idiots. I was lucky enough that the first car I owned was a FWD, that kept me alive long enough to learn how to drive in way that doesn't cause a 50 car pileup on the interstate
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFOGTO View Post
If what you say is true about the age of the owners then that most likely would indicate that the C4 Corvettes are making their way into the hands of the younger generation that tend to drive like idiots. I was lucky enough that the first car I owned was a FWD, that kept me alive long enough to learn how to drive in way that doesn't cause a 50 car pileup on the interstate

God forbid kids that get a hold of a Vett and drive it like they do their low rider Hondas or acuras.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:47 AM

only 1000 miles a year?? that is a crime!!! sell it to someone that will drive it!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 04:21 PM

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Thank's, but Hagerty said No..
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 06:54 PM

I have State Farm and I am 38 years old with a clena record.
I am paying about $680 a year full coverage. I have my 06 GTO listed as my pleasure car. I had an '01 Monte Carlo SS that I did the same things too. I do not drive it more than 5000 miles in a year. I drive my Truck or my Harley the rest of the year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in