I've stepped into the beam... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've stepped into the beam...

Well, I've driven the ol' '66 Lemans convertible into town most everyday this past week, and have enjoyed every minute! My odometer stuck, flipping over at (1)30,399-400. Unscrewed the cable at the transmission, and was able to "bite" the protruding jaws of my lil battery drill onto the cables' end and spin it so the odometer went backwards a couple tenths of a mile, then spun it forward while bapping the backside of the speedometer housing with a long screwdriver, then she popped right over to 30,400, and continued on! *WHEW* (Even after I disassembled and lubed it a couple of years back, she did that to me. Oh well. "Quick fix" ) I want to thank all the members of this Forum that took me by the hand and guided me through this strange and fantastic world known as Pontiac!!! For me, this project has been an odyssey and an exercise in patience, diligence, and tenacity, resulting in an object worthy of being an "heirloom", or passed to "The Keepers Of The Pontiac". Special thanks goes out to Geeteeohguy, Bear, '05, Alky, '68Greengoat, Instg8ter, Jmt455, Rukee, Lars, and all others (you know who you are) who helped me through those "rough patches". I am really thrilled to have been welcomed and accepted to participate in this incredible Pontiac experience!!! This will be my last transmission, as I have sourced my beam, and willn't need any part of this electronic "gimmickry" any longer. Peace and blessings to all of you!!! THANK YOU ALL see ya at the end of the road!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 12:19 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
thanks G, don't be a stranger just because your done fixing it....the driving it part is much better and we will miss your commentary...

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Nuh uh, you can't leave. The other dirty secret we haven't told you yet is that it's always something with these cars. They're never actually "done", they just grant you the occasional vacation from fiddling with them from time to time.

Keep on enjoying it

(Also, as an experienced Pontiac builder you now have a responsibility to share what you've learned with those who are still making their way through those "rough patches")

Bear

BearGFR
Springtown, TEXAS
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearGFR View Post
Nuh uh, you can't leave. The other dirty secret we haven't told you yet is that it's always something with these cars. They're never actually "done", they just grant you the occasional vacation from fiddling with them from time to time.
Bear
....ain't that the truth

Remember we are all now purveyors of a dead but not to be forgotten breed...

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Que GodFather voice: Once you join the family~ there's no leaving the family....kapeesh?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukee View Post
Que GodFather voice: Once you join the family~ there's no leaving the family....kapeesh?
This^ .

Seriously, a forum is only as good as its active members and we have a strong community here. I've felt welcome from day one and all the people you mentioned have helped me in some way and it is amazing what one can learn perusing on here.

I always help when I can and I appreciate the kudos to me and all the other guys here who make a difference and try and keep these obsolete beasts on the road.

Best damn GTO Forum in town I say!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in